State Waiting for recovery

Technical topics whether its hardware or software.
Nelsona

State Waiting for recovery

Post by Nelsona »

Last time my old rig was doing some funky things (sudden restarts). I went to apply some correction by cleaning it with... water flow - a lot of dirt was coming outta box. Now I have to wait for being dry and checking it if it will still have nasty behavior. If not, I will need to connect HDD drives to other machines in order to recover some stuff which I had stored there and latest things. I'm hoping to not drop it in a damage state even if that would be normal. Machine is dated 2003 so it won't be a tragedy after all. But... I do miss it.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: State Waiting for recovery

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Water flow??? I know of using air compressor for cleaning but never heard of anybody cleaning a PC with water.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yep... I did the same thing for a machine freezing on a bar used for sales. It went damaged anyway, so I had nothing to lose by using this way, it was very dirty. After washing memory cards with water and a dish-washing solution and drying it machine was working like a charm and it's operational even today - unchanged. My Boss was surprised but way more surprised by seeing machine working again with no flaws.

Another thing was an old CCTV camera used into a kitchen - imagine how it was looking like. I dropped it into warm water and a special soap for dish washing. After that it was working another 5 years - in end went damaged because of an electric shock coming through the electric network.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yay, machine works, I have to figure if it will still do random errors, so far is clean and cute... as slow as it is...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Congratulations on fixing. :)