Patching - fantasies or good things ?

Technical topics whether its hardware or software.
Nelsona

Patching - fantasies or good things ?

Post by Nelsona » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Known or not... Me and the rest of you might own some bugged hardware called CPU aka Central Process Unit aka Micro-Processor which is the heart of a Computer.
Intel ARM AMD types are flawed by default making possible system attacks.
They went to develop patches in purpose to prevent memory corruptions even with the price of a lower processing speed - average of performance loss.

The problem of these patches were coming with an advice: Do not Install them - Intel patches. Why ? Because now memory is not read with 128 kbps or such (if I remember correctly) the flaw went to screwing with a few GB/s by directly writing in memory all kinda funky stuff.
Actually Linus Torvald - the creator of Linux was complaining about solutions and... he was not that happy as I could figure in that public debate... https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/21/192
It looks like there are problems in solving these issues due to flawed-by-default architectures.
Machines used in important domains will have security holes by default. Now let me know how goes privacy things in such case, Banks. Hospitals, Various Sales, etc, etc. I would not allow my life to be managed by a computer - like an old man said and he said well.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -