godless...

Report problem players on our game servers here.
a$']['®õ_{HoF}

godless...

Post by a$']['®õ_{HoF} »

I am sure some of you have already played with this person, who seems to only come on to play one or two maps, complains if that are not the maps being played, and spams about politics. I, among several other players i have talked to, are annoyed about this. is there anything that can be done?
Last edited by a$']['®õ_{HoF} on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: godless...

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Well if you are a moderator, you can kick him but you might need to give us some proof of his annoyance and maybe we can ban him since the
Rule #6 - Harassment or Verbal Abuse(Voice-Packs Excluded): Offense Level 2 - counts as a kick offense
But if he proceeds to continue that might need a timeout via ban temporarly of course not perma since this is just another guy that only wants attention and win easly
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I don't know if or who is looking for attention but I was quickly checking some server banner pointing to game-tracker stats. THIS is the second guy in top of players having some time spent in server, I don't get the point of complains, admin just need to setup "RULES" in server adds or whatever methods VIA MapVote Info Section and then you can point the player to those sentences called rules. Perhaps another one has an ID looking for attention.
CurrentStatus.PNG
CurrentStatus.PNG (683.15 KiB) Viewed 9593 times
Light me, server was running only those 1 2 maps ? By looking at favorite maps, I see there a couple of maps played and the guy has SCORE proving that he has played more than 1-2 maps.
Admin managing that server should setup VISIBLE rules or a route to rules: You are here for playing a game not for spamming chat with debates out of game subject. If you are wasting some resources, just Play the damn thing or get lost.

Note: I was playing into random servers where people are not reacting so sweet with new comers, they might talk sh!t even if game doesn't need debates, especially NON TEAM-GAMES. So I'm deactivating voice messages and I'm simply ignoring whatever is shown in HUD toward written messages, game is my focus not the chat-box. If nobody speaks with him maybe he won't talk alone over there, right ? Even Nexgen HUD can be disabled (has bugs anyway which no one is fixing) and then messages stay less time. Also I think Kelly was sharing a mod for limiting messages spam, admin should figure this, if jester wants to be capped like that, then maybe this is the right thing to do as a nice domestic measure. A Ban for doing nothing so nasty (did he cheat ?) I don't think it's the right choice, just motivate player to play rather than chatting crap. There are IM apps for that task providing even encryption not like a two decades old game where data has raw format that can be captured and read.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 am I don't know if or who is looking for attention but I was quickly checking some server banner pointing to game-tracker stats. THIS is the second guy in top of players having some time spent in server, I don't get the point of complains, admin just need to setup "RULES" in server adds or whatever methods VIA MapVote Info Section and then you can point the player to those sentences called rules. Perhaps another one has an ID looking for attention.
CurrentStatus.PNGLight me, server was running only those 1 2 maps ? By looking at favorite maps, I see there a couple of maps played and the guy has SCORE proving that he has played more than 1-2 maps.
Admin managing that server should setup VISIBLE rules or a route to rules: You are here for playing a game not for spamming chat with debates out of game subject. If you are wasting some resources, just Play the damn thing or get lost.

Note: I was playing into random servers where people are not reacting so sweet with new comers, they might talk sh!t even if game doesn't need debates, especially NON TEAM-GAMES. So I'm deactivating voice messages and I'm simply ignoring whatever is shown in HUD toward written messages, game is my focus not the chat-box. If nobody speaks with him maybe he won't talk alone over there, right ? Even Nexgen HUD can be disabled (has bugs anyway which no one is fixing) and then messages stay less time. Also I think Kelly was sharing a mod for limiting messages spam, admin should figure this, if jester wants to be capped like that, then maybe this is the right thing to do as a nice domestic measure. A Ban for doing nothing so nasty (did he cheat ?) I don't think it's the right choice, just motivate player to play rather than chatting crap. There are IM apps for that task providing even encryption not like a two decades old game where data has raw format that can be captured and read.
That i think is Evil, he always do that on his server, leave a idle player so people come to play
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Diego_{HoF} wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:19 am That i think is Evil, he always do that on his server, leave a idle player so people come to play
Ahah, so... Do I'm supposed to join challenging an IDLE player just because it's one of "populated servers" ? Interesting way of promoting. I think "godless" is not a threat right now but maybe others having 14 years or more and having a "wife" do need a bit of love... Something it's not linked well in here... I'll think about...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Aside from all that , as I thnk nelson has mentioned before ,ignore or Moderators /admins Mute him for a short game or 2. that's what id do if admin or moderator.

MoOoOoOoooo
Seraphim_prime_{HoF}

Post by Seraphim_prime_{HoF} »

as moderator on evil's server, i gotta say, most of the times i'm on the server, many players whose considered offensive, godless for example, don't seem to make any trouble or abuse anyone. maybe a rude attitude (not necessarily offensive) isn't tolerated by other players, there for the player can be disliked ... etc i don't think banning the player is the best idea, maybe just muting him/her like stinky said or a fair warning at the most, as long as no rules are broken on the server.
"I can't be worried about that shit, life goes on, man... The dude abides." SP420
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I gotta say something... Probably it's doable a small mutator as server actor, an entire domestic thing for doing... nothing else than warning some player (configured in some INI file) for let's say 2 times when he is joining after 3-4 seconds from entrance and game start.
Assuming a virtual configuration:
  • PlayerAddress[0]="xx.xx.xx.xx"
    WarnMessage[0]="Please refrain from long debates out of game subject. People are here for playing."
After sending message to said player for let's say 2 times. Mod will update itself to null values until next case. Player entered will figure the warning right in the middle of screen so he can't say that he was not warned. Banning people because are speaking without informing them about this supposed "bad habit" it's not a good practice, just saying.

Another way simple method already doable it's VIA ServerAdds mod already made. Has a few lines that can be written in INI and then everyone can figure what's the deal. For future debates, broadcast forum address with a message how to record/copy messages for pasting them into Internet Browser if player has difficulties at this point or ScreenShoot-ing the frame with message for browsing forum in future. Once again, "godless" is player number two in game-tracker stats, so I think he is a regular one and not really a trouble maker if he could gain that position which will need a bit of respect in such a case, because he doesn't look as a random roamer mooing in servers like I saw in other places.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:07 pm I gotta say something... Probably it's doable a small mutator as server actor, an entire domestic thing for doing... nothing else than warning some player (configured in some INI file) for let's say 2 times when he is joining after 3-4 seconds from entrance and game start.
Assuming a virtual configuration:
  • PlayerAddress[0]="xx.xx.xx.xx"
    WarnMessage[0]="Please refrain from long debates out of game subject. People are here for playing."
After sending message to said player for let's say 2 times. Mod will update itself to null values until next case. Player entered will figure the warning right in the middle of screen so he can't say that he was not warned. Banning people because are speaking without informing them about this supposed "bad habit" it's not a good practice, just saying.

Another way simple method already doable it's VIA ServerAdds mod already made. Has a few lines that can be written in INI and then everyone can figure what's the deal. For future debates, broadcast forum address with a message how to record/copy messages for pasting them into Internet Browser if player has difficulties at this point or ScreenShoot-ing the frame with message for browsing forum in future. Once again, "godless" is player number two in game-tracker stats, so I think he is a regular one and not really a trouble maker if he could gain that position which will need a bit of respect in such a case, because he doesn't look as a random roamer mooing in servers like I saw in other places.
WOW Now that's a prime example of what did you just say? to technical ... Simplify Please . Looks like a lawyers response.. ROFLMAO MoOoOoOooooo
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I wrote a simple mod that lets admins mute individual players for a time limit, the match, or forever. If you want it just email me. It almost always takes gagging someone for a time period to get them to stop once they start verbally harassing other players. It never bothers me personally when people talk shit in-game but it certainly can affect the dynamics of the server if they start to focus on one person or say things that cross the line of funny and veer into nasty.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day