How to Identify Aimbot,Hax and cheaters?

Report problem players on our game servers here.
evilgrins

Re: How to Identify Aimbot,Hax and cheaters?

Post by evilgrins »

I've always found the best way to identify an aimbot is to engage it in conversation.

Even with UT's impressive A.I. the average bot really can't hold up it's end of the conversation.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

BluEyedBitch_{HoF} wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:24 am I don't understand a word you guys are saying , lol, but thats okay. So do I just add this players name to the ban list in game ? Or is there a more permanent way to do this that I am not aware of ? I'm Kinda still new with the admin tools ... Or maybe you guys already took care of it ?
If you have admin powers, you can perma ban them, however if the perma is needed, you can post the IP address and ID for it in the HoF Member section.

Of course with proof that he is cheating,haxing or aimbotting.
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

The proof is in the video I recorded of him while I spectated ....
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Did he show up these last two days ?

Yes, Diego, there is a video more than a proof, and probably banning using UT won't help too much unless you will fill up all policies. In exchange external things which I installed can ban a half of Planet if necessary leaving only UT players to roam around.
A cave-at: My deliberated amnesia in forgetting to lift bans - if an address has reached on the list there are reasons for that...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bumping ball
It was some player-name (not important because I'll have the same reaction in future), which has delivered quickly a la Iena End-Game-Kills which I wasn't inspired to record and even later placing kick-vote against admin-spectator - excuse me but this is a full retard type move. First of all, kick votes must be done by all players, and probably spectators are excepted, and definitely you won't kick an admin as completion - after server-travel he left probably because I could see what is doing. This suspect trash type move has made me to inspect bans operated in the past. There was the Big Surprise, dude was previously banned but changing ID data, not really the entire name coming from addresses probably used by ISP services in his range. Okay, because I did not see any discussion toward this chapter I reinforced ban outside of UT and using what he delivered in NexgenLookUp records. Some people were complaining here about unfair bans while others in the 2nd minute passed ban without any problem. I must say: Wooow ! This is explaining more than a politeness manual written for good human habits.

I think I'll check those IP restricted from Nexgen and I'll look if similar class addresses are used, bypassing what Evil has previously done. You, guys, must clarify your game before allowing you inside and getting over Nexgen. After cleaning the ground all Nexgen restrictions can be removed and prepared for other sessions. I'll personally take care to transfer and complete NexGen data into external firewall.

PS: Any other admins wanting this firewall list can PM me. You can slow-down with that GDPR because those "players" in cause are using multiple addresses - private data my a$$ with dodgy ISP services, and EULA is the high rule, OLDER than a dinosaur, where it's specified that Cheating it's Not Accepted. When GDPR will discard EULA, we will re-open this discussion... so far nothing goes in public from said list, I don't need to explain why.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:45 am Did he show up these last two days ?

No I haven't seen him , but I have been working too, so he could have played. By the way, I was under the impression that this players name was "Lena" with an L, except i assumed it was just a lowercase "lena". Turns out this player's name is actually CAPITOL "I" lowercase "ena". Sounds like (eye-en-a) When I checked gametracker .com I couldn't find a "Lena" but I did Find "Iena"
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Name it's not important that much, I was using some copy-paste here and there... when I've inspected records.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Part Two ? How to identify people doing damage to server - not cheating - but slowing down server.
Try to explain why at a moment when a player has joined why the ping for players playing from the same country went visible higher ? Huh ? I do have reasons for doing checks then printing two screenshots Before and After. When another player joins why this doesn't have performance impact only in a few cases ? Explain me... and yes there are several methods triggering iterations in server without printing anything on screen but doing damage.
You can imagine that I won't print any code and why I'm not doing this.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I recall at some point that Brattzilla had range banned Argentina players years ago. I think I still have the firewall info somewhere.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Tell me names of countries which you want removed and I'll get the list in 5-10 minutes... because I'm slow... Like I said all South it's in my machine not uploaded yet but it's up on you guys...
Also if you need a "htaccess" type or peerguardian or whatever, it takes a few minutes to create and install.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -