The Really Series

Show us and share your created maps.
D13GO_{HoF}

The Really Series

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Ok guys, here there are 4 DM maps that are consider for me to be Joke maps, stages that are weird to fight with colorful textures and silly music

Starting from left to right
  • Honeycomb:A stage that use hexagon shape areas,where you have to move towards the center to find your targets and powerups however it is also the most dangerous area due to be able to be attacked in multiple ways and enemies
  • Pit: A simple map where you fight in a lava pit, and no, I didn´t use MK theme song for it, i use something different, anyway this is a IG with low gravity, just careful when jumping or you will be a easy target
  • Pyramid: This is a revamp version of the Map call Small created by me, the area is the same but now multiple pyramids are in the area, blocking or implusing you to victory
  • ReallySmall: The original joke map, this one was created because a friend I play was complaining about my maps being big so i created a really small map for him, with 2 IG and thats it, have fun with the spawnkilling
If issues occur, please inform me to fix them since i am worry of my quality on the maps
Attachments
DM-Diego-ReallySmall.rar
(124.72 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
DM-Diego-ReallyPyramid.rar
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
DM-Diego-ReallyPit.rar
(3.48 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
DM-Diego-ReallyHoneyComb.rar
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 166 times
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Re: The Really Series

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

I really like small maps that are just like a minute of sheer chaos and madness . They are fun to play once in a while after big maps that seemingly never going to end. I know people think that it takes zero skill to win those tiny maps but that is very untrue if there aren't any bots but instead lots of real players online. Funnel maps are some of the best when I think small maps
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Maps added to the Schwartz DM server, be careful there
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

ReallySmall is well named, and my favorite of the set... but also it sets itself apart as it's the only one where there's any music, apparently.

The .umx files for the other maps are all completely silent. Double-checked by opening them in UnrealEd and playing... they are just completely quiet, though admittedly I only played each one for about 30 seconds so if they eventually produce sound it was after I stopped listening.

Was that on purpose?
Attachments
Shot0169.png
Shot0169.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 4430 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

evilgrins wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am ReallySmall is well named, and my favorite of the set... but also it sets itself apart as it's the only one where there's any music, apparently.

The .umx files for the other maps are all completely silent. Double-checked by opening them in UnrealEd and playing... they are just completely quiet, though admittedly I only played each one for about 30 seconds so if they eventually produce sound it was after I stopped listening.

Was that on purpose?
That is strange, when i test all the maps they have music and it was playing during my runs, meanwhile ReallySmall has music but too many sound effects block it. let me try them once more in the server and check them.

EDIT: I check them in Pratice Session and all of them work, On UnrealED they work too just in case I am using OpenAL 3D in Drivers Options and when i import them i download the MP4 and convert to OGG before importing to the editor
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Plain sound drivers won't render everything, stick with original UT drivers and normal music format as described in tutorials.
For me it works in Editor and in game too - of course, it depends on ViewPort settings...

As for a game... I don't think 16+ players have place to breath before being killed - this is not for public servers, such sort of room is easily doable by anyone who know to handle a brush in Editor. I made demo maps for various purposes more complex than a simple room...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:59 am Plain sound drivers won't render everything, stick with original UT drivers and normal music format as described in tutorials.
For me it works in Editor and in game too - of course, it depends on ViewPort settings...

As for a game... I don't think 16+ players have place to breath before being killed - this is not for public servers, such sort of room is easily doable by anyone who know to handle a brush in Editor. I made demo maps for various purposes more complex than a simple room...
Geez Nelsona, don´t take it that serious, the map is a joke made just for fun, yeah it is just a room with instagibs but the main reason i did it was to annoy JanesAddiction for complaining that I do big maps and need to make them small(good criticism btw) and I did the smallest map i could think about it.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Than make them normal not small or big - just UT maps - usable maps.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

D13GO_{HoF} wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:18 amGeez Nelsona, don´t take it that serious, the map is a joke made just for fun
Hey now, don't spoil my fun.... I was toying with asking him to put bot-pathing on that one!
D13GO_{HoF} wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:18 amI did the smallest map i could think about it.
It is the 2nd smallest map I've ever seen, this was the 3rd · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/86645.html
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

evilgrins wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:09 pm Hey now, don't spoil my fun.... I was toying with asking him to put bot-pathing on that one!
It's already having full Bot Support in case that you did not figured yet...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -