Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
evilgrins

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:47 pmI'm going to study it a bit first, maybe it would be nice to have aerial routes too - if possible. If not, I'll stick with ground paths.
This one I don't see much flying room, as the XV-helis are a lot larger and bulkier than the SLV & RocketX.

That and aerial pathing doesn't work for everything. SLV & RocketX respond to it differently, as do Warlords.

No idea how it'd impact an XV-heli.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Here is a map with Paths created by Editor but missing nodes added manually. It's minimized to normal needs for CTF. It can be completed here and there with a few weapons and probably won't develop glitches if paths are rebuild normally. If not, let me solve problem. This is what Editor did here...

Code: Select all

SpecCheckLocator: Scanning ReachSpecs and fixing their placement...
SpecTest: Clock has been started. Testing ReachSpecs...
SpecTest: Found 560 ReachSpecs.
NormalState: No Lost or Debris ReachSpecs have been found.
SpecTest: Testing and fixing specs took: 
	0.005161 seconds.
SpecCheckLocator: Checking ReachSpecs Localization has been finished.
CTF-BattleGroundsREVAMP_rS560.7z
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
If anything else pathing related is needed I can do an extra work for new things.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Assess away!
Attachments
Shot0133.png
Shot0133.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1864 times
CTF-XV-ToX-STORAGEWARS.zip
(411.28 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I was a bit busy for investigating lock-downs happening in Jamie's Server. Let me look here what can be done at paths and if Devs are accepting environment.

Edit: "SpecialEvent" actors concerning jumping sound are Not SET, here is needed more than pathing... and kicker is throwing pawn in other direction than Flag... Image Image
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Here is something, you can adjust a bit nodes around bases without rebuilding Paths in case of XV issues... or if paths need to be different options can be changed.
CTF-XV-ToX-STORAGEWARS_rS746.7z
(293.27 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Due to Flag Placement routes were configured manually.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Assess this:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 9bd41.html

Kinda ideal for XV Monsterhunt, but bots never really leave the caves they start in.

My plan is to put vehicles outside the caves, so players & bots can get down to it once they're out.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'll drop an eye with a more detailed check. I see some BSP issues - usually when certain path is not done, movement is bugged and forcing path in such spot might cause a permanent stuck.
In other hand here means crawling map for hunting monsters and then... objectives planing might not work as planed. Perhaps assigning whatever route to End in circles for roaming the map under 1000 nodes might be helpful but... only run-time stage can deliver a few results.
I'm hoping that DevPath won't reject navigation or else won't be neither Bot coverage support.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Oh, want actual players to be able to finish the map and bots just to have the run of the place for whatever support they can manage, but not having bots win it.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Meh... I have a prototype - you can consider it WIP because... this junk had and possible is still having issues...
PlayerStart6 was not very usable, several SpecialEvents were not doing anything. Some rock could be triggered multiple times blocking players and... your friends...
and perhaps there are more than one BSP issues here and there - I mapped several paths manually and majority are optimized in 600 ScanRange.
If DevPath is getting crazy over time - because it takes time to play here - I cannot say that all is nice, map is a bit over-sized and I minimized paths at 993 Nodes and 2043 reachSpecs trying to keep Engine stable. You will point me if it's needed a helper actor for any potential seldom case when Bot goes out of coverage and might need recovery support. I prefer to have a simple setup and boosting stuff only if this is a need.

In other hand - if DevPath keeps working, Bot will need good tyres...
1st_Stage.PNG
1st_Stage.PNG (319.29 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
We do have a single WayPoint - for preventing breaking options specific to original MonsterHunt and routes are open to MonsterEnd. Now it will be about escalating some slant. If Bot is managing that, they can follow all route to the end, if not, they will be closer sometimes in cover support. Route is the mostly available to MonsterEnd and not in reverse due to solution applied.
MH-(MHA)DinoIsland2011_rS2043.7z
(6.66 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
This edit can be changed if it needs anything else - such as discarding route through the cave with Slant and Lava. I did not have patience for a full test - it takes hours.

I did a bit of testing using Original MonsterHunt without XC_Engine. Bots seem to confirm what Editor said, at least a couple of minutes they were interested to crawl around. We do have HuntNodes in front of objectives preventing Bot from racing map without attacking monsters.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Try this:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 6ed27.html

It's apparently the original, much different than the one from before: less trees, less mountains, etc.

Currently has Onslaught vehicles on it (which suck so badly on so many levels) that I'd intend to replace with XV.

Feel free to remove all BPak content.
Skaarj need love too!