Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

Here that lower spot has now two combos for translocator.

Berserkers have patrol instructions - items on mountain I removed, no cheating today.
Paths are now stock-like - having ranged mapping at 700 UU for preventing a lot of junks added. These are needed because of patrolling needs.
Giant paths aiming titans are not suitable here, they will create funky paths which Bot won't always manage so I did not use my custom tool (which is still a Wip in end)
CTF-UTDMS-WaterGiant_rs2599.7z
(526.15 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Looks good so far. Placed redeemers and mega-healths by the rock formations in front of each base.

Those floating islands off to the sides are still bugging me. They're practically begging for something to be done to them.

Renamed the Skaarj to Wraith Skaarj (mapper's name) & Sektor Skaarj.

Put a UTDMT up where the 1 redeemer was, armed with a lot of passive aggressive and abandonment issue talk. 1 weird thing happened when I tried to nuke him, only happened once, every other time was fine, but it seemed worth noting. I think it happened as I had the transloc out after I fired the redeemer.
Attachments
Shot0156.png
Shot0156.png (782.63 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

evilgrins wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:55 pm 1 weird thing happened when I tried to nuke him, only happened once, every other time was fine, but it seemed worth noting. I think it happened as I had the transloc out after I fired the redeemer.
I already mentioned this chapter. Pawns... no doubts...

Lower areas if still have issues - low bot health and no translocator = NO ACCESS; you can happily mess with some teleporters - you can rebuild paths but maybe something won't work nice at 1000 UU plain UT ScanRange. In case of failures link me to bugged map and I'll look what is doable as a fix.
My goal here was to stay inside internal Engine array with ReachSpecs.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Assess.
Attachments
CTF-SoccerStadium.zip
(321.23 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Shot0060.png
Shot0060.png (803.44 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Easy as a pie.
CTF-SoccerStadium_rS1248.7z
(195.58 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
- Deleted and reconstructed all those useless One-Way paths;
- Added a few AlternatePaths;
- Adjusted plain dumb defenses rotation for Blues - all defenses were placed with back at Red enemy.

Map includes high spots accessible and USELESS trap/resting zones behind walls.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Large area, intended for SLV, though redeemers are largely not where bots can get to them.

Center is a Ridiculous Deemer.

DO NOT PATH the Warlords.

There's pathing for bots but it's largely only around the outer edge of the map, virtually nothing up the center.

On the weapons platforms bots tend to get stuck on the weapons, running in place.

Assess away!
Attachments
CTF-UTDMW-Soccer.zip
(3.46 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Shot0119.png
Shot0119.png (792.04 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
Shot0100.png
Shot0100.png (890.7 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Interesting... These plain fields are very easy to be pathed. Map has a bunch of paths probably for no reason.
3300+ in this stage:
Overcrowded_Scc.PNG
Overcrowded_Scc.PNG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 2950 times
I went to deleting all nodes and constructing something more simple, and then build paths using my builder.
If original DevPath has spent more seconds for doing some similar overcrowded stuff, my builder did this in less than two seconds:
Simplified_Scc.PNG
Simplified_Scc.PNG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2950 times
Of course, I worked a bit manually for paths over mid redeemer as long as I see a low gravity stage allowing pawn to jump higher than usual and then... Why not having paths ?
Not 3300+ but 264 reachSpecs + Mid area completed and also using AlternatePaths.
Let me do a couple of tests before dropping it around.

Edit: I think those redeemers in higher spots won't need much too much pathing, area is widely open and no time to be wasted with picking stuff...
CTF-UTDMW-Soccer_rS264.7z
(561.3 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Higher up redeemers likely only for human players, though I may take a stab at editing some things and bring it back to you for some SLV pathing.

Say, on a semi-related note, why does SLV pathing not work exactly for RX? I mean, the last SLV pathing you did for me worked great for SLV but bots using RX in that... they tend to launch sideways and crash into walls. Thoughts?
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Redundantly posting all over AGAIN.
EXCEPT RX09b, c, version from HOF RX updates, all SLV mods in known space have FAKE bot support, read this well FAKE in all the way - only a lucky environment might do something like a navigation. It's a spamming fest creating replicating actors never deleted after use, a bunch of garbage and a coding profanity - that's the true story, and because of this true story this mod was reworked all over again, adding more useless classes and more copy-paste codes.

RX09C has a bit of paths handling if we talk about REAL HARD-CODED PATHS CONNECTED using R_FLY flag which I'm talking for ages - that can be seen in Plain Editor as RED LINES and they can be used by GasBags, Mantas, Flies, etc. It's not like ground paths are having too much flight compatibility.
SLV Mods are using ground routes for mapping something supposed to be an "air-road", but if these are missing due to environment, there is nothing to do even as run-time task.

Now let me copy this post for future answer to the same question, as long as this SLV won't get fixed itself through some voodoo magic or whatever prays to the God, code will stay as it is even 100 Years, nothing goes fixed by itself.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Bump - this last map with the ball in the middle. Ball was supposed to be "semisolid" but it's... nothing else than a killer as it doesn't collide any actor and pawns are falling from map if they are messing with that spot. You can try adjusting that brush for getting normal collision...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -