Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
evilgrins

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by evilgrins »

I just want to ensure it doesn't overlook players coming at its base, but I don't want it to have super sight so it's reacting to stuff all over and far away.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

In widely open areas is hard to say if you can stop a monster from Hunting especially one who flies... But once victim eliminated it might land changing physics and then forgetting to return at mission. In previous map was a bit easier because monster way able to figure any route to patrols - ground and air and a normal number of paths, not jumpy routes which only Bot can manage. In other hand I can try additional nodes connected and a few air paths, perhaps they might be helpful but not if monster will fight far from original location. As far as I recall they quit patrol navigation at 40 paths (perhaps less if are triggered often). I cannot expect resuming a patrol when Warlord fights in the other base...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

I suspected the Warlord would be the hardest to configure given the flight ability, so if nothing else if it is initially patrolling and then when it respawns it goes back to patrolling, that's cool.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

A closer approach is combining with Alarms preventing them to leave in the wild, this is whatever combination.... it might be needed more study.
CTF-UTDMW-Cannons-BurgerWars_WPtrl.7z
(879.2 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
It would be better to see ScriptedPawn more stable but Epic did not even bother to complete a good flight support. Since Editor did not do that is a miracle that Pawn flying can navigate as long as I don't think this stage was ever tested...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Works pretty great. Patrols nicely, still sees attackers from the other team, even when it does fly it comes back and flies the patrol until it lands and then back to normal.

Only issue is the Warlords tend to shoot at nothing, I think they're reacting to players from the other team that are far off... because they're not under the road being shot at.
Attachments
Shot0038.png
Shot0038.png (809.39 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

evilgrins wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:33 pm Only issue is the Warlords tend to shoot at nothing, I think they're reacting to players from the other team that are far off... because they're not under the road being shot at.
Send greetings at Epic team here making a codes-soup "Enemy-Target". Target is Target and Enemy is Enemy and they are not the same at a moment due to their fascinating states and timings. It's why in my games are MY monsters and nothing else...
Here there is no code concerning Monsters, just paths and stock assets for this sort of situation. I could see this in MonsterHunt X times...

Note: This is first Edited Map in UT having manually added aerial paths - addressing Warlords, perhaps aren't used than much but... won't hurt anything.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Then I'm fine with it as is... also it'd be annoying if I had to edit the textures to the windows all over again.

Still trying to work out how to even out the windows... some are far more clear than others. Think I know how to fix that already but have been lagging due to other things. Working multiple projects simultaneously is confusing.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

If you talk about glasses from those two Fast-Food types maybe you want to know my opinion.
In my low map-designer skill opinion those are not what I call a GLASS. Those should be more translucent than they are. I think here is needed a work around texture content and figuring best option (masked or not). I understand that you need to see whatever names but maybe not like that. A glass is a glass not a wall, or maybe it's just me...

Edit: Let me explain what I'm trying to say about those glasses:
This is ORIGINAL
SortOfGlasses_Original.PNG
SortOfGlasses_Original.PNG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 2885 times
And changed a bit - this means that brushes there should not have leaks to void - perhaps semisolid are recommended or... adjusted,
SortOfGlasses_New.PNG
SortOfGlasses_New.PNG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 2885 times
Perhaps it's more closer to a normal glass...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

It varies, from map to map... sometimes window to window on the same eatery. On some you can see the image and can also see through the window, on others you can see through and barely see any image at all. Some you can only see the image on 1 side of the glass.

I'd like to find the best settings for 1 window, on both sides, and then apply it to all of them.
Attachments
Shot0079.png
Shot0079.png (1001.89 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
Shot0078.png
Shot0078.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2878 times
Shot0074.png
Shot0074.png (1016.38 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
Shot0064.png
Shot0064.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 2878 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Well, I think it's time to polish one of these with all needs - too much time these good ideas after all were just too... lousy:
- Glasses are glasses and not one-way-sight - actors are visible even from outside to outside through more than one glass - these are not hard to be set logically;
- No more HOMs at glasses ledges;
- Flags - cough - I wrote a skin support as long as Flags were having plain original texture when were dropped out of their HomeBase aka FlagBase;
These will keep skins even if something is toggling teams/bases; Instead of using custom classes for each Team specific Skin, ONE actor will guard these as it should.
- No creatures needed - those are coming in desired environments and types accepted;
- AlternatePaths, Paths for getting weapons and all needs for a decent CTF game...

I think I will keep one of these adjusted BurgerWars maps and removing those others more ugly and not with fascinating settings.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -