Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:08 pm The problem is I altered NullWeapon class and took out important code for pawns use. I will update the server later today with next version.
All Mod problems, any can be solved sooner or later. The important thing to know is we can have REAL flight maps in which we can study and practice more.
The only A.I. stuff which would be a need - depending on what mappers are saying (expecting those with knowledge) is a deal with switching paths: Alternatepaths or PathsTogglers. Togglers have a random action but it works in all ways, AlternatePaths have another random deal and needs extra UScript processing for flight.

But let's get back to paths enhancements. Map shown above remembers me by something which I got from Kelly, yay, - "beautiful nasty things" doable in UT, lol... never mind right now... Let me look at map first.

EDIT:
Interesting... I can do ground paths but I will need a small Information: How do you want to get Flag out of an RX Jet here ? In a plain CTF I don't see the ground option to the flag. Here is about carrier and bringing Flag to Home FlagBase and Low Health. Huh ? Any logic ? I can setup Paths but I won't respond to any future complains if Bot goes heavily retarded.
Teleporters are valid paths... but for Jets... In RX maps, teleporters from a Level to Another doesn't have any logic are just buggers. If you are riding a RX/SLV/Jet you don't need any kicker or teleporter - it's stupid. For a mixed game-type, Teleporters need to discard paths for pawns flying - custom teleporters or else... flight navigation goes crapped up.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:29 amHow do you want to get Flag out of an RX Jet here?
I'd assume pathing to pass through where those flags are, though for more basic I was planning on replacing that shock rifle just under where the flag is with jump-boots.
Nelsona wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:29 amIn a plain CTF I don't see the ground option to the flag.
There's another map i was planning on running by you, maybe, where the flag is diagonal along the corner between wall and ceiling. While not common, there's a few maps with creative positioning of the flag.

Other than jump-boots, there's always the transloc.
Nelsona wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:29 amI won't respond to any future complains if Bot goes heavily retarded.
A previous edit you did for me has that, actually... although I prefer thinking the bots are just REALLY drunk.

I may come back to that later.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

You did not get the question. THERE IS NO Translocator with Flag in any way - sample me a stock map where bot is translocating with flag - good luck here, DevPath using TranslocDest, JumpSpot blocks routes using SpecialCost from these points in a logic manner.
ImpactHammer at lower health = Lock route - Bot is NEVER using ImpactHammer at 30 health and the road is denied.
And the same, JumpSpot out of UT_JumpBots = No Access.
Can you get the logic ? You are not re-routed at JumpBots, you need them for configuring road to the flag before asking the road or else it's a way No Go unless paths are dictated as ground paths manually and Bot will run under flag with enemy flag if has nothing helpful for jumping. Here is needed some special Node and fast spawning JumpBots.

The other aerial routes are operational but not in PLAIN CTF out of a good RX mod - not borked RX mods or other useless trash Jets done in ages when aerial paths were impossible to do.

All right then... I will rewrite a custom teleporter for this task routing carrier to a nearby JumpBots, which have ZERO purposes in SLV games. Why jumping if you have a Jet ? Light me about this dumb combination, Jet can be used for reaching everywhere except... TELEPORTERS, cough.

Map(/s) which I pathed have logic connections, if Bot has issues we can only TRY fixing these - using handling or various triggers. The way in how Engine is controlling Pawn's movement it's not my task. The other issues in big maps can be solved if you show me another very great and relevant sample about "How to" done by some expert or whatever. For the moment some oldskool guys do look more drunk than bot... I recall some low gravity pipes... lol, I don't think any of them has something to teach me here, seriously speaking, but I'm listening any hint because I'm open at learning these.

To not forget a detail: A map is doable in more than one way with regard to Bot Task. Rules in routing have hundreds on combinations and then any map more or less wrong can be changed from a few minutes to a few hours - no big deal, we have tools for paths, but I think we don't have Real Bots at this time...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:42 pmWhy jumping if you have a Jet?
Not everybody is a great pilot. I do okay in open space but with a solid ceiling and walls around me I'm a disaster.
Nelsona wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:42 pmTHERE IS NO Translocator with Flag in any way - sample me a stock map where bot is translocating with flag
I think you misunderstood me. Obviously I know you can't transloc while holding a flag. However...

...you can use the transloc to get up to the flag...

...and just fall from there with the flag.

Transloc only gets you up there, you have to move forward and grab it as you fall.

I've seen maps where bots transloc up to beams or to ledges or to any number of other things. Surely a bot can transloc up to the flag to grab it. They don't need to transloc down, gravity can take care of that.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

And what do you do with enemy flag ? You cannot translocate with enemy flag to your flag, that simple. Why do you think in One way mode ? I did not ask how to get enemy flag, I have asked How to BRING ENEMY flag at your Home Flag when you The Bot are the carrier. That was the question, about The CARRIER not the attacker.
Yes, they get enemy flag, and then ? Home Flag is on the roof, light me about what sort of links and directives do you want - before to get killed by enemies and not useless suicidal with ImpactHammer at low health or roaming with flag like crazy out of target. This is definitely a RX/SLV task but NOT Teleporters - like I said already good at telefragging and collision crashes (game crashes more exactly - servers). Map has kickers and then Teleporters are another stupid trash without purpose in SLV games. If this map would be a human having a brain with an I.Q., the value of intelligence would be 10 to 12.
Teleporters are not compatible with jets and kickers I don't want to find what are doing if a flying dude is touching these. Excuse me but this is not the "How To" make a SLV map unless we are turning it into a complete Plain CTF map with Flags properly placed and leaving brain-farts away, or making it a full SLV map out of extra junks.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:24 pmAnd what do you do with enemy flag ? You cannot translocate with enemy flag to your flag, that simple. Why do you think in One way mode ? I did not ask how to get enemy flag, I have asked How to BRING ENEMY flag at your Home Flag when you The Bot are the carrier.
Each level has a large hole to fly through to get to the next level, but if you're not flying there's a jump pad under each hole, and there's a teleport next to the jump pad that goes to the next one on each level.

I ran to that flag, using the pads and the teleports without using the transloc. With standard pathing and no jets, this map is totally playable... I'd just like pathing setup for both standard play and for jets.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Draw me what you do having enemy flag in front of your home flag. I'm talking about LAST ROOM in front of flags not teleporters, not kickers and not anything else.
Yes, I did ground paths but I did not see any capture just redeemer explosions, lol. Definitely I need to redefine new teleporters and kickers for preventing flying pawns to get screwed by poorly stock codes.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:57 pmDraw me what you do having enemy flag in front of your home flag.
I'm at work, so simple description.
· Get enemy flag.
· Get back to my base.
· Pickup Jumpboots from near but under my flag.
· Use boots to jump up and tag my flag with enemy flag.
· Score point.
· Victory parade.
· Marry local head cheerleader.
· Raise an army of mutant warriors.
· Take over the planet.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

So JumpBots are demanded with any matter... Good !
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pmSo JumpBots are demanded with any matter... Good !
They say the best kind of CTF maps are ones where there's more than 1 way to get to the flag. So jumpboots, jets, whatever... I want a range of options.

Hell, probably could get up there with the impact hammer.
Skaarj need love too!