Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

I think in this one we have enough, leaving paths as they were added using original calculations but a restricted range...
CTF-UTDMS-BurgerWars_rS2114.7z
(836.11 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Let me know if something goes wrong.

Note: I don't know destination of original map but those surfaces were FakeBackDrop, LOL. So to speak - BAD SETUP. In the middle of road there is no logic for FakeBackDrop...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Looks good, and I finally got to finalize the glasswork on the eateries.

It's weird how most of the textures are 128x128 instead of 256x256 but the side windows on the eateries are half that in width, so I opted for different textures for those, which I will be implementing on each map: 128x64 for those.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Well, and now I'll look at next one, perhaps I will update my newer builder for doing whatever advanced reachSpecs editing... :) In UT this time, for preventing 227 to ruin MyLevel textures for no reason. The only loss is that I cannot delete certain reachSpec element in UT, all or nothing. In 227 I could do a nice clean-up keeping only needed data. But maybe... I'll hijack a bad XC reachSpec, adjusting data in my favor and moving it in a spot where it's needed.

Edit: Let me know what is badly rammed here...
CTF-UTDM-Cannons-BurgerWars_rS1072.7z
(826.66 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Looking good, not seeing any issues.

Say, when the Burger Wars maps are done will you be wanting to take a little vacation? I could hold off sending you the next map for about a week.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Oh, no... C'mon, man. I have a new toy, let me play with it :lol: .
ToyingThrough.PNG
ToyingThrough.PNG (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2569 times
Intention was to check geometry but... I cannot see too much at UScript Level and then... I turned it into other thing...
Perhaps if this Builder add-on will be public a new sort of garbage UNR files usually called maps are going to be spread around and claiming that Bot is dumb not those UT parasites infecting maps with their germs. And then if some fans will want it, I have to polish codes and adding some checks when is about creating specs, in order to discard brainless moves.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Dude, you can of course play with it as much as you like, but you asked and I answered... it seems to be working great.

Is there another version coming from you?
Attachments
Shot0089.png
Shot0089.png (992.29 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Skaarj need love too!
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

So, as to the UTDMW map, I had a thought. Most of the pathing you do for the UTDM, with the exception of that CTF4 map you did with titans a stretch back, you usually have them pace back and forth until someone attacks, then they chase after whoever that was, and then they return to where they were patrolling and get back to it.

That might harder to implement with Warlords as they fly, getting them to fly back after they killed whoevever, but even if that can't be done it would still work okay as after they got killed and respawned they got right back to their patrol.

Warlords are setup on that freeway looking overpass thing across from their respective eatery, so maybe back and forth between those 2 indicated spots? Slight concern they might not see attacks as they're pacing, as the Warlords really only sees what's in front of them...
Attachments
Shot0024.png
Shot0024.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2555 times
Last edited by evilgrins on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'll setup Patrols, but it depends on their combat states. If they leave bridge for some combat reason and have incompatible physics won't resume patrolling. If in whatever state cycle Paths to patrol are no longer found they will forget this order, switching to what monster usually do - waiting/wandering.

Either way this is a simple version with paths "inside" engine - no patrols or extra stuff - top access is open through teleporters because that lousy kicker doesn't help Bots at all. Also way down using translocator must be in account...
CTF-UTDMW-Cannons-BurgerWars_rS2469.7z
(876.16 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Looks good, yeah I noticed no patrols on the map before I noted you typed it... I'm weird like that sometimes.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Usually Monsters from maps like in MonsterHunt are supporting a bit of fine tuning without to recode a new class for a property changed - some genius made a new trooper only for his weapon and trooper was in map by default not spawned later, all being truly nice with a new trooper having code un-compiled and so a broken sh!t - publicly released. That's useless for new admins and new users all issues remaining unknown or making them to quit wasting time in UT.
These Monsters are supporting a bit of boosting, hearing, SightRadius, Aggressiveness tuned in normal limits, when these are putting down engine because of insane values, once reverted to normal they make monster more active causing the opposite effect - engine responds at dumb setup accordingly.
We don't have to forget that monster can start living in multiple spots, as far as I recall "Ambushing" does this using AmbushPoints. I have to study if these need chained or they work as they are.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -