Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

It's what I told at Hermskii's forum but coders are busy with other things. These things (Bots) in maps should stay "Dying-WaitingForStart" and not running in map for nothing if game is not started yet. The code is executed all time in BotPack and it's external dictated by game-stage, it's how DeathMatchPlus is adding a bot to the game and giving it normal JUMP capabilities or else it won't have full capacity until respawns and spreading errors concerning a Weapon which doesn't exist. I doubt to see these people learning to follow even amoeba rules in next 100 years, they do the same trash over and over again.

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: MaleOneBotNPC DM-NPC-sXs-wotw3-v2_r21.MaleOneBotNPC1 (Function UnrealShare.Bots.Roaming.PickDestination:0262) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MaleOneBotNPC DM-NPC-sXs-wotw3-v2_r21.MaleOneBotNPC1 (Function UnrealShare.Bots.Roaming.PickDestination:0262) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MaleOneBotNPC DM-NPC-sXs-wotw3-v2_r21.MaleOneBotNPC1 (State UnrealShare.Bots.Dying:003D) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MaleOneBotNPC DM-NPC-sXs-wotw3-v2_r21.MaleOneBotNPC1 (State UnrealShare.Bots.Dying:003D) Accessed None
Decreasing intelligence in case that you failed logic from pathing discussions decreases capabilities for using R_Special paths (Warps, Lifts, Teleporters), turning it into a weak thing. Bots are not educated that much for camping - Yes, it reads "BOTS" not "BOT" - this is not a class of Bot from Botpack. It's what certain things initiated by game-type won't be sent at pawn as long as this is added in map from other source than game-type itself.

For making this Pawn to camp from time to time there are needed some restrictive nodes as I described, perhaps desire for JumpBoots. As long as map has paths and inventories that can be found and desired, it doesn't have more reasons to camp. Either way certain needed values are all FALSE as long as it was initialized in map and not VIA game-type.
In other hand, my games are all including Bots and Monsters but not this way. The only games with Pawns in maps which I'm using are MonsterHunt and MonsterHuntArena. Skaarj loads weapon, others won't use weapons and all are normal as they are.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

It's cool if it's too much bother... I can swap the NPC with a Cyberus.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

By adjusting JumpBoots into another thing concerning desire management, after loading health up to 199, pawn camps a while. In other stage with more Bots, camping is not a common thing, they can encounter each-other and... it's a DM game...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

This is the custom build which I was talking about. Mid area doesn't include paths. Go figure if this would be suffice here and it won't need more extra pathing.
DM-NPC-sXs-wotw3-v2_Wip_rS703.7z
(897.37 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
I did not use any fix code for pawn as long as this is a separate package which will have version mismatch issue if it goes modified.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Take a look at this:
1. A host of pathing issues.
2. An island way off to the side for no apparent reason.

Assess away.
Attachments
ctf-watergiant.zip
(610.66 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I see... get back in time in 2003. That was Bot pathing stage... even if stock maps were pointing what to do at lifts. Here lifts were out of action and are essential routes. Without those paths there is no CTFGame in stage. In my first Bot Pathing learning stage, when I figured that Lifts which I want used had no use, I remembered a stock map where lifts were pretty much used for figuring how to do these. I simply loaded CTF-Gauntlet for study. Stock assets operational are better than tutorials and their stories.

Right now paths are added, I need to look what sort of balancing is here and definitely AlternatePaths are recommended, it's CTF after all.
Stage 1 is figuring which are the most used routes (shortest) and adding AlternatePaths through the other ones less used...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Take a look at this one if anything else is needed - no, it doesn't have BLUE paths only RED paths aka Bot Paths.
CTF-WaterGiant_rS1563.7z
(403.59 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Let me know if there is a spot that needs to be manually adjusted or a different paths placement solution.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Overall, don't see any problems on the map with the exception of where that 1 bot is circled. That ledge/outcropping is un-pathed. Bots falling on there get stuck, which can be strategically advantageous to the other team... and that is only on the red side.

Maybe something to get them to transloc back up from there.

So, I tried cannons on that distant floating island but that didn't work... no matter how much I enhanced the visible range. What it default shoots has unlimited range, variant on Dispersion Ammo, but if it can't see targets it won't shoot at them.

Added UTDMS, with mixed results. Named after you, my internet crapped out last night so I named them both after you... may or may not leave them that way. Red one tends to wander off, winds up behind the castle where he's basically useless. Blue one doesn't wander as much, but eventually even he gets out of range.

I'd like you to path the UTDMS so they patrol in front of their respective castles. Basic back and forth and also so they return to that patrol if they chase someone off and then comes back.

One other thing... is there some path or lift or teleport that takes players up to the top of the mountain? Because that's where the redeemer and mega-health are, and it seems weird to have stuff up there but no way to get there... if there's not, don't add it. Just want to know if there already is something and I'm just not seeing it.
Attachments
CTF-UTDMS-WaterGiant.zip
(703.33 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Shot0139.png
Shot0139.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 3145 times
Shot0137.png
Shot0137.png (796.15 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Shot0136.png
Shot0136.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 3145 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Ah, yes, I think I did not studied all those lower spots and it might be needed some combos, not a big deal but... in this case I have to scan all map for such traps.

Upper area indeed does not seems to have anything - first time I was thinking to remove everything. There cowards will use overpowered stuff in front of A.I. which I dislike, but it's up on you. In other hand the easiest access would be through some teleporter. Let me know if you want that area pathed.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

All the other lowers have ramps to get up from, and even with those the bots do transloc up from them... except for that 1 area.

Just as well you didn't. Planning to move what's up there down, for SLV players, and maybe replace something up there with something else.
Skaarj need love too!