Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

evilgrins wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:48 pm Hell, probably could get up there with the impact hammer.
If you have more than 30-40 health else you are only dying - like I said already above but no one reads anything - Did we talk about drunk Bots, huh ? Bot is not mapping JumpSpots in maps and forcing impact jumps because Bot is not mapper... Who is drunk then ?

Edit: I have to finish the "jumper" stuff and rewrite other sort of teleporters and kickers because... they are not for a SLV flight in any way. Then I have to rebuild paths and configuring certain routes manually if they need to be corrected.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Sorry.

If you wanna take a break from that, you can just look at this:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 7e24a.html

It's kinda soothing.

Unusual flag placement, plus item placement in general. The "bubbles" tend to trap bots for a bit, and I've let it play on its own for more than a bit and it never gets 1 single flag capture.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I wrote a sort of navigation point but... testing with Bots looks a bit harder... I think I have to destroy redeemers or else nothing happens. In fist stage I did some testing for human player for figuring if I'm routed to JumpBoots... I noticed a little bug, I operated some changes in code, and right now I only need to see if Bot is accomplishing directives or else I will need to switch direction in a different way. A single time I wrote a node demanding a jumpy behavior and what was happening in game at random was not really entertaining and then I have to follow a few rules which Epic was writing...

If they can manage to understand what that Jumper is asking, for next moves I will need to write extra things at Teleporters. I have to admit that here is a bit of challenge which I like as long as plain pathing is too easy and I going sleepy while I do plain paths. Such a challenge keeps me awake.

Of course I have to take a look at next one... Why ? Maybe it will need some assets which I can use in both of them and even others.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yep... I had to switch solution to a combo because Bot has a native addiction for doing a Jump with required UT_JumpBoots only if target is a JumpSpot. Other point means a stupid vertical jump which needs guided in a more complex way for reaching at certain target. I preferred to see a natural Bot and not lousy things. Initial entry in combo is pointing Bot to a nearby UT_JumpBots (spawning faster than usual). I tested this with FlakArena and keeping translocator else... lol. Results for ground attack are like here:
0_TakingEnemyFlag.png
0_TakingEnemyFlag.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 125324 times
1_ApproachingBase.png
1_ApproachingBase.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 125324 times
2_PerformJump.png
2_PerformJump.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 125324 times
3_FlagCaptured.png
3_FlagCaptured.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 125324 times
We have routes when Bot Health has a decent value, else I will need another JumpSpot for this combo. Heavy to test with two teams, there is a lot of battle, losing Health and...
So... we do have bases logically connected, if original JumpSpots actors are saying other things they definitely will need some love.
Now I need to solve Teleporters.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Hmm...
It looks done. Heavy captures for RX mods... because at reaching closer to flag Bot is quitting the flight attempting to reach safely at target trying to not die hitting ground or walls - not very recommended here, but still Red vs Blue was 1 - 0 in a RX session. And then, I consider pathing task finished - other future needs can be completed.
This is basically an unique prototype so far.
CTF-{ToX}-FLAPJACKS_rS738.7z
(115.8 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Edit Note: This map works with RX mods better in plain UT than with using XC_Engine for reasons which are escaping me... lol news.

2418 reachSpecs have been deleted and replaced with 116 hand made reachSpecs...
Too easy...
CTF-SPACEFUNNEL_rS116.7z
(423.92 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
Next, please...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:23 pm Edit Note: This map works with RX mods better in plain UT than with using XC_Engine for reasons which are escaping me... lol news.
I would like to know more about this.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I did some tests with and without RX. In RX Bots should fly, but they often are crashing right at first Node very often in XC_Engine based games and devs. I don't know exactly what's the deal. Plain UT v440 works decently - indeed they are clumsy with jets but... they are moving through air paths. I simplified ExtraCost, then I removed it leaving AirNodes simple, definitely something is changed at XC devs which won't help these air deals with bots. Excuse me but I don't have an alternate solution in this case, these are native air paths working in original UT. The rest is... not ready stuff.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Not too challenging for you, but still you might have fun with this.

Basic orbital platform, mapper dedicated it to his girlfriend... which explains why I had to remove her pic from virtually every single surface on the map.

Pathing is basic and functional enough on the main level, though you may wanna tinker with that regardless I suspect.

Teleports give access to an above area and a below area, neither of which have any pathing to speak of.

There were originally no weapons on this map.

Have fun.
Attachments
CTF-UTDMW-RainbowWIP.zip
(4.35 MiB) Downloaded 502 times
Shot0055.png
Shot0055.png (977.55 KiB) Viewed 125274 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I'm about to finish editing a MH map (paths, triggers, small texture symmetry, and so on) but that one can be delayed... I'll drop an eye here, indeed I like to setup paths where Goblin is only messing things up.

Questions:
Do you want those upper and lower ways to be used by Bots ?
Do you want at least weapons linked into navigation chain for a growing bit the interest for them ?

Next: I will adjust killing stuff at bottom, perhaps that trigger has no use as big as it is - it won't help at processing collisions (n00b settings here). Setting up the bottom zone as a damaging one is more efficient than giant trigger messing with Engine.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:05 pmDo you want those upper and lower ways to be used by Bots ?
Do you want at least weapons linked into navigation chain for a growing bit the interest for them ?
Occasionally bots fall down there, so pathing enough so they can get back into the game. The teleports are only above and below, not on the main level, so really the only way to access them is to go down there. Bots fall down frequently but don't ever get back up unless they're killed.

Linking weapons into the navigation would probably be a good thing, yeah.
Skaarj need love too!