Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
evilgrins

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by evilgrins »

...and, while I'm doing that...

Big complex, multiple levels, no need to path the Titans, and I think the bot-pathing is fine but I'd just like you to check.
Attachments
CTF-UTDMT-RamShot.zip
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Shot0016.png
Shot0016.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2692 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

If you want I can enhance collision data from ReachSpecs making them more friendly for original Titans. I have a builder for this right in UT Editor.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Sounds good.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The problem is the FAKE paths. Several things here are just n00b assumptions. It would be nice to see people understanding these simple things and why in this image we have STORIES not pathing. No bot will ever take these but maybe for combat reasons, accidents and nothing else as a logic processing.
QuestioningPaths.gif
QuestioningPaths.gif (807.41 KiB) Viewed 2678 times
To not forget overcrowded spots without purpose and holes with items having ONE-WAY routes. But it's nice if Bot is moving in plain fields doing nothing more and totally avoiding all kickers. What are for then ? It's usual human advantage in front to A.I. known by friends as cheating - I know and I get shield, redeemer, udamage but not my Bots enemies, the advantage is mine because I'm the human whore who claims this as being a sort of Art.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Is it possible the yellows are intended for usage of a mutator? Like jumpboots or something??
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yellow are jumpy paths going ONLY Down ( visible this way using XC assets or UT469 ) - all of them, and nothing is connecting these nodes each-other as long as phys Walking cannot be used in AIR. These nodes will never get connected this way and if connections are forced you'll get some funky moves.
The "jumper boy" aka mapper could not open CTF-Coret for figuring what's up with kickers and what is about them. No AlternatePaths, no combos, dream type paths, it's just a guess work.
____
However in 2021 Buggie wrote a paths view mutator showing the same things in game. Technically is not that helpful because paths are the same as in Editor. Why that thing is useful ? If user does a hard-core pathing work, hacking map in run-time, mutator can show results or else run-time paths cannot be seen.

In this map all area used by Bots is ground area - that one with logic paths, nobody jumps. Those PathNodes are generating useless jumpy paths which no one will ever use. Kickers must/should be covered with combos or blind fake teleporters or fake warps linking jumpy start point with destination end point motivating Pawn to move ahead and to be boosted by kicker 1-10 ms later for a jump result, to not forget the bug-free package called swJumpPad. Here it's all messed up, but still Bot is guilty even if this is a mindless stage, Bot is always guilty for all mapping goofing, it's not like the Bot is mapper anyway. Draw your conclusion.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

How goes it?

Not sure where you are in the world, but we've been getting swamped by a massive heat wave where I am.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

If you said it's okay, I reported my finds... I did not set any plan yet. Those high angled kicking needs would need some more tweaking because Bot doesn't include the same deal as human player with kickers... In CTF to be honest I don't see what is all this jumping insanity, it's a translocator game after all...

Weather ?
In a half of town was raining and the other half weather was pretty hot. These phenomenons are hilarious and demonstrating that Planet is not on the right way...
Last time G00gle told me about a raining at afternoon but... it wasn't any rain, maybe in mountains. Other time it wasn't any sign of rain in weather news but... I though that nature wanted to drown people here... Each day confirms that things are going more ugly...

Edit: Resuming map's "setup" - checking and testing
Those 4 kickers throwing pawn from bases at mid area are not even having the power for reaching at target point as shown by initial FAKE paths - they are myths, in other hand middle kickers were throwing pawn more over bridge with vials to the walls. I'm not even sure if map's kickers were even tested two minutes. I connected manually those required points and I see what kickers do by spectating 6 Bots. It has to be reworked or simply removing all jumpy stories.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

You likely remember this from ut99.org, a CTF3 map I joked about adding a cannon for the absent Gold Team and the mapper liked it so gave me permission to edit it.

Well, let's finish that up!

· Raised the clips up, so bots don't get stuck there anymore.
· Health vials on opposite side of same hallway, bots get stuck on them sometimes but not sure why.
· Bots facing wrong way at sniper points in hallway.
· In the main room between bases, bots don't always get on the ramps easily. Miss jumping on, get briefly stuck betwen wall and ramp.

That's mostly it.
Attachments
CTF3-Cannon-Triton.zip
(4.86 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
Shot0143.png
Shot0143.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2556 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I have this since April, but I think I forgot to delete it after getting tired of it. Here I practiced some manual pathing...
CTF3-Triton_1799.7z
(788.53 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -