Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

Nah, my apologies... initial version has a HOM effect on a lower stair around red base which escaped from my eye as log as I was focusing elsewhere... It looks like it's fixed - at least this is what I see - and so far we do have 1636 reachspecs and CTFGame. Also I reduced some junks by merging polys and getting less lightning data.

Bot Support
I was wondering if it's needed access at those two redeemers as long as here is no time to waste with those things if carrier is racing with Flag...
Lifts were having probably a too small vertical movement, Bots weren't leaving them, constantly waiting for... a location where they were never reaching - KeyFrame 1 has been adjusted (wtf after all) for both lifts.
Let me know if something goes very nasty. Paths are a mixed result of XC-DevPath + Human. Here and there I was making some "AllTimeLoad" spot not everywhere:
AlwaysWeaponAndAmmo.PNG
AlwaysWeaponAndAmmo.PNG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3560 times
Here doesn't matter where is coming from and where is going to, Bot will load weapon and at least one ammo charge - it's a manual work here...
Then... map I'm hoping that it doesn't do damage in D3D elsewhere - for me it was normal so far.
CTF-(IG)Falcon_rS1636_wBSP.7z
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Back to this for a bit.

I tried implementing those added lines to the script, as to even things up I added papercoffee's Chef of Hell, but it didn't get a shadow.

What did i do wrong?
Attachments
CTF-UTDMT-BurgerWars2.zip
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
Shot0000.png
Shot0000.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 3526 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Let me look at it.

Yep:
#1 Code written doesn't even compile resulting a broken class;
BadBoyCopyPaste.PNG
BadBoyCopyPaste.PNG (34.32 KiB) Viewed 3521 times
#2 State dying is a fix for Bots from UnrealShare not for Bot from BotPack, TBossBot is a BOT. You are making a classes soup going nowhere, Bot doesn't do any errors here and won't need a fix;
#3 UT BOT I think has already a shadow hard-coded - it's not like "Bots" from UnrealShare.

Code it's not my code, it's turned into crap. Function was Simulated, exactly for doing things separate, server authority with its job and client or non-dedicated server having another job. This is not what I did, it's trash not coding and aiming WRONG class.

For Bot aka BotPack.Bot and those child classes from class-tree the code it's more simple as long as Bot has already it's own shadow and won't need two shadows. Either way from now on some InventorySpot actors have NO ITEMS linked. Someone was busy to f@ck things and to mock map. I'm saying every day prays for not having a deal with such programmers writing apps in some app store... MapGarbage has a feature for replacing items in map and doing links if they were connected in paths-net keeping things logically connected.
Here is one more usable:
CTF-UTDMT-BurgerWars2_shd.7z
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Assess please, decent map but bots go nowhere.
Attachments
ctf-Bdv8Darmageddonv2.zip
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Okay, map is indeed empty - but it's a good looking thing.
When I'm saying empty it's really empty, which means it has no paths no weapons, no ammo, no health.

The deal is another one this time because it might not need extra special pathing works in this environment - all possible issues can be solved later.
So... You will complete ammo, weapons, health, whatever pickups in those boxes...
After completing these Items you will do "Paths Define" command, with other words Your Computer will map paths/reachspecs using current map's assets... It should not be generated more than 3000 specs if map will have a decent items charge.
This way you have items connected in original, I added DefensePoints, AlternatePaths, PathNodes, Combos. Adding items and paths generation is now doable by any Computer.
Here is the map without ReachSpecs/Paths - has only NavigationPoints, add all extra needs and build paths using above colored command (in Editor at bottom...).
CTF-{DV8}ArmageddonV2_NrS.7z
(303.02 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
If you are not defining paths map won't have Bot Support and you can spawn everywhere, even in the enemy base...
Also you can create paths from here:
DefinePaths_Button.PNG
DefinePaths_Button.PNG (11.93 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
or from here:
PathsDefine_BuildMenuOptions.PNG
PathsDefine_BuildMenuOptions.PNG (13.97 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
Explaining other way, you have Nodes and you just need to map paths after having items completed, no other navigation points are needed.
Let me know if you need extra-help or some lousy path will be generated, I can solve that later (wall hit loop, etc.).
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:41 amAlso you can create paths from here
I thought pushing the button was bad. Everyone, including you before, have advised against that.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The bad thing would be command "Paths Build" which is not "Paths Define". Never use Paths Build - that was the point.
These things are different and... you can save two copies of map, in one input "Paths Build" and other one "Paths Define".

In second image I cut a button - you can see what that thing does too - be sure about a backup. By howering mouse over buttons some message doesn't show reality, "Build Paths" text hint from small top button is "Paths Define" which is not the bad move even if command sounds different...

Defining paths from current nodes is doable using three methods:
- Input command directly "Paths Define";
- pushing small button;
- from build menu with Paths Define box checked.

Building paths means adding nodes in map using a Script - not that great - also having two methods:
- Big button from build menu which I cut with X;
- command "Paths Build" - using LowOpt Highopt whatever at switches.
This last one it's the mostly damaging than helping. I understand that my english is doing sucks but... Docs written and labels used by Epic were making users to be more confused, not really understanding all explanations. It's off topic to show a direct sample.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

You've discussed this map in other threads on this forum, I'd like you to bot-path this map.

I removed redeemers from the Flag room and replaced shock rifles with the Star Wars version, I've removed brutes and added lightsabers, I replaced a Titan with a UTDMT.

No need to path monsters, leave them as is... I may place UTDMS where the Brutes were later. I'd just like bots to be able to get to the enemy base, get the flag, and bring it back to their own base if they can.

I left redeemers on the map for SLV players, but don't bother to path for those either. I don't think bots would be too effective riding SLV in this environment.
Attachments
CTF-UTDM-HOF-ImperialBase.zip
(24.35 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
Shot0082.png
Shot0082.png (866.98 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I can except any redeemer from being part of paths, but any future rebuild will bring them in stage as navigation goals, in this case paths should not have a plain future touch.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

There are still redeemers on the ground on the map, in the room with the Titan and in the side rooms where the Brutes used to be. I will not be adding anymore... but in the flag room seemed a bit much to me. Too easy to nuke whoever takes the flag... and even if they're playing SLV, they can pick those up in other places on the map.
Skaarj need love too!