Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

Paths are now available for flags and simplified.
Textures for those "Monsters" are yours. If your game is crashing you'll need to adjust them...
CTF-UTDMW-CrystalRocks_rS652.7z
(622.02 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
If something goes evil with Bots let me know what is about.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Not sure why it would crash now when it never did before, but so far that hasn't been a problem.

Given your love of trains, here's a subway station.

Assess.
Attachments
DM-FSPSubwaySniper.zip
(14.31 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

DM-[FSP]SubwaySniper-{dFb}RM_rS1144.7z
(864.22 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Look if it needs more paths... or it doesn't need.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

A stretch back Hook gave an example of what would be to him, ideal maps for the games he runs and I've kept an eye open for such. Ultimately the lack of vehicles that're boats, something he really wants, has been a problem but the overall theme isn't.

Like old pirate movies, 2 pirate ships able to fire on one another or at least have players on them fire on each other.

Started this thread on his forum recently:
https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/thr ... p-intended

One of the maps in that was already edited by a mapper there:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmufdkiye ... tes-99.zip

From his edit, what can you do with that?

Among other things, is there anyway to get cannons on the ships to shoot closer to each other?
Last edited by evilgrins on Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Without to check intensively details, I was testing a different setup for those "cannons" aka MortarSpawner class. It looks like projectile fired has its own deal with MaxSpeed and then... it's needed some scripting for firing at long range - it's about speed... I wrote something months ago for patching maps but... it should not be hard to adjust them here too...

And then... I see a logic DeathMatch when Bots/Players would be intended to roam from a boat to another - I don't see why not moving. A few paths to connect boats for me would not harm anything. I have to check what is about with environment first.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

LMAO
So you say it was Edited already... I'm not sure if these "Map Editors" a sort of human being are doing damage to this game this way. Discarding pathing discussion, (later about it) I was interested why I spawned in water and crushing to the death, more than that Nodes placed properly under water surface were "High Nodes".
THERE IS NO WATER over there except... THE VOID. WaterZone2 actor it's under bottom of sea, into void more exactly and... is not alone, has friends as company for it:

Code: Select all

VoidCheck: WaterZone2 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: TorchFlame2 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: FastSprocket0 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Sconce0 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Urn2 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: DiscStud4 looks placed into void.
Which means that map needs a rebuild and I want to see if it supports building out of BSP buggers created...

And then pathing.
We do have ramps on both boats without paths, some PathNode is alone in a room out of any path heading out. This is what Hook wanted ?
Did anybody checked this map for 5 minutes in game ? First time in Editor I was confused why I do not have paths through water linking boats, then I realized what "fascinating" setup is here.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:30 pmWithout to check intensively details, I was testing a different setup for those "cannons" aka MortarSpawner class. It looks like projectile fired has its own deal with MaxSpeed and then... it's needed some scripting for firing at long range - it's about speed... I wrote something months ago for patching maps but... it should not be hard to adjust them here too...
I tried adjusting those manually, even when upping the speed to insanely high numbers it didn't change anything.
Nelsona wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:30 pmAnd then... I see a logic DeathMatch when Bots/Players would be intended to roam from a boat to another - I don't see why not moving. A few paths to connect boats for me would not harm anything. I have to check what is about with environment first.
A long time back someone made a pirate themed MonsterHunt map so I've got skins from that for Pirate-Krall. Was kinda thinking of including some Krall on this map using those, either TeamMonsters for each ship or just standard Krall marooned on the island or half sunken ship.
Nelsona wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:25 amSo you say it was Edited already...
Only superficially. You no doubt saw the screenshot I included in that thread, the original "water" on the map was so clear as to be barely there except for some blue lines. Guy who edited it made the surface of the water seem a bit more watery, though as I pointed out the water effect didn't really show under the surface.
Nelsona wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:25 amWe do have ramps on both boats without paths, some PathNode is alone in a room out of any path heading out. This is what Hook wanted?
Hook's interest was less about pathing and more about a piratey experience for his regular players, I believe.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yeah, "Piratey" experience in falling in water and crushing to death instead of swimming and hunting...

Let me see, recovering water was needing a re-build. Here Brushes are "greatly aligned", the most fascinating is they don't fit even on 1 UU grid-size - I'm expecting all sort of BSP issues then.

The good thing is that I managed some "bombing cannons", being in MyLevel these can be adjusted from a version to another without causing Mismatch version issues and neither newer File-Size mismatch lulu.
I'll drop it here after pathing it, maybe you can examine or do some better build at geometry...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Done ? What do you think about it ?
DM-lol-ThereBePirates_99_rS593.7z
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
You can adjust cannons as you need.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:09 pmDone ? What do you think about it ?
Looks great, but 1 thing.

Similar to CTF is there a way to designate for team games that Red Team spawns in on 1 boat a Blue Team on the other boat?

While this may well be used primarily for normal Deathmatch, Hook did hint at wanting team games, 1 boat vs the other.

Can you make it so each boat spawns in members for their own team?
Skaarj need love too!