Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Map assessment and pathing enhancements

Post by Nelsona »

All monster can fire weapon in certain tactical move - no discrimination - I know what I'm talking about, this is often in MGS in certain maps which are running patched during run-time. Trying a quick recall MH-(du)-Dormant... not a single time monsters fired weapons thrown by killed Player/Bot as long as they are loaded with any nearby weapon without discrimination - only if patch plugin is loaded and not in each MH server.

In theory UDMT code (if it was used as base) has an internal mutator preventing pickups for these "bIsPlayer" pawns.

New to me: I have updated UGold at 227i - this beauty is helpful for various works (quickly shows rotations, adjusting reachSpecs, stability, etc.)
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 am
evilgrins wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 pm You know who Kaal is, right? Has a bad rep in most forums, I edited like a guhzillion MH maps from 1 of his, but he's a creative lil' monster.
I know who is Kaal... and I think I know more others having the same habits and being dumber than sh!t
Anywho... I'm poking around with that map regardless.

Made an interesting discovery! The UTDMW can get into the tanks... although their driving skills are horrible. Pretty sure they can't parallel park...
Attachments
Shot0100.png
Shot0100.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 6540 times
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

That's probably tank code, warlord and generally UT pawns don't have anything to do with tanks and all those. Simply there aren't codes written for such actions.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

This one's a little unconventional.

On the left side there's a complete CTF setup. It's well pathed, everything works out just fine.

On the right, for no reason I can think of, is this big empty area. On a lark, I decided to put 2 extra UTDMW over there to have quickdraw redeemer shootouts. Most of which end really quickly, only on occasion do they venture over to the left side or fire redeemers that way.

Now... every other play of this map causes it to crash. Can you prevent it from doing that or is it a lost cause?
Attachments
CTF-UTDMW-Bot40BME.zip
(609.51 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Shot0038.png
Shot0038.png (922.11 KiB) Viewed 6530 times
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

If map is crashing at DevPath that's easy to fix, let me to see what is about...

Back: Okay. For me map worked, of course I have noticed those Skins looking like a broken carpet. I don't know if that is your crash or anything else but...
it might help me a log fragment after your crash, I wanna figure where the problem is.

To not forget, this is not how I see Paths - 4000+ reachSpecs. It's not that big for so many paths.

In other hand, CTF has two teams not four - here map is forcing 4 teams, plain UT allows 4 roamers as monsters, I need to know how does your crash shows up.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pmI need to know your crash shows up.
Okay · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5 ... 75#p122318
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I might suspect some texture then... Editor from 469 using D3D9 was crashing as well for some render type reason, then I went back to my Editor and there it did not crash, but Warlords during fight in game do look like they are from a tin foil with holes and not skinned bodies. I've re-imported skins different and holes went gone.
If you are curious I'll send you a "Lab-Check" version, nothing is changed there except those skins... I spectated around 3 matches using D3D, nothing was damaging so far in my case. I have to admit I used RMODE 2 because I wanted to see everything...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
medor

Post by medor »

Can you try ZRangeHack=True for see i that remove this bad black part under wings ?

medor.no_ip.org
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:00 amI might suspect some texture then... Editor from 469 using D3D9 was crashing as well for some render type reason, then I went back to my Editor and there it did not crash
I'm still not using 469, and I may never get it. I want it completed first but even then... not feeling a need.
medor wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 amCan you try ZRangeHack=True for see i that remove this bad black part under wings?
I'm not having that problem anymore. For some reason playing Last Man Standing caused it, but then I played a day of Domination... and suddenly the problem was gone. So there's something different about LMS, but I haven't figured out what yet.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Keep in mind something simple.
INT files from system folder are triggering various mods to be loaded filling resources and even conflicting here and there eating UT memory.
It is advisable to leave extra stuff out as much as possible.
You can see what I mean when you stop playing and look at logs. They have words as "UnLoading" - what is Unloaded was previously loaded - logic, else it would not be unloaded. More things are copied in memory sitting there and nobody can predict exactly what these are doing. These usually are having MENU extensions linked with their corresponding assets and these are created based on such INT files. And then... it's why I'm not creating fascinating "Menus" for my lousy mutators, it will make them to have dependencies loaded in memory, I'm configuring them using PREFERENCES menu command which usually is generating their INI using UT itself instead of writing stories in whatever NotePad.
If you are suspecting something ruining your objects loaded in memory try to get rid of borked craps by commenting them in INT files. You can leave in BotPack.int only games which are having no issues or games which you are playing daily, else these might be replaced with Custom versions from Community - including that MultiCTF, custom Assault, etc. You are not forced to use any stock trash.
I'm saying these because I could see SmartCTF types unloaded and I have not used them in any practiced games but they were UnLoaded in exiting process because they were loaded charging memory without in game usage. These probably are conflicting each-other because of copy-paste "coding" using similar assets and then you can be charged with random issues... some of them unexpected.
By example last time I renamed all that SmartCTF suite INT files to INTU - Unloading them did not happen anymore...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -