Site Admin

Re: WRONG ANSWERS ONLY!

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

With a fluffy blanket.
Nelsona

Re: WRONG ANSWERS ONLY!

Post by Nelsona »

In joking terms:
If BSP are not fixed but mobile, just lock them with some ropes or whatever nails - consider some hands protection while you do this task.

In UT serious terms:
If brush is complex and rotated in whatever angle perhaps takes time (from a few minutes to a few days).
If brush is more simple copy-paste it into a Notepad++ whatever Text editor. See how are vertexes. After fixing values - if needed, you will delete bugger and copy-paste back in map brush fixed from Notepad. See if it's helpful, at a moment might be needed changing type semisolid to solid but looking for CUTs around it.
Else it might work after wrapping it a bit, center pivot to grid and then align the rest using toggling grid snapping vertex snapping.
- Toggle grids off
- Select brush with selected pivot vertex right into his origin;
- Toggle grid on;
- Move brush to grid;
- Check the rest of vertexes - probably are moved from grid if pivot was snapped in a fixed point;
- Use button or command "actor align" - I have a button for this - if brush is complex in polygons do not do this;
- See if brush was snapped to grid correctly - you can check with Notepad;
- Rebuilding geometry is a Must not an option after these stunts.
This is what I'm trying before quitting to fix the junk if my methods are not successful.
Redo paths if major changes are done here - yes, if brush it's not concerning navigation areas perhaps you don't need rebuilding paths because this will only screw up pathing stunts and leaving some trash data.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -