Coming Soon and some help

Show us and share your created maps.
D13GO_{HoF}

Coming Soon and some help

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

"Ok i'm finally back, to kick some tail"

With a new map that took time to finish and it was a rough path however it's done. The map is called Battleship and it uses assests from the DOS Game Jazz Jackrabbit by Epic Megagames in 1994, this map wasn't a nightmare, it was because of little time thanks to my job but now i had some to spare and i'm glad is completed

Kinda funny, the original idea was a CTF map where you go fight in the exterior with low gravity with a open area and in the interior fight in close quarters. However during the making it was getting more complicated, issues and undelete brushes appears and it was feeling overwhelming sooooo i decide to scrap it and start from zero and it worked.

Also i made a last time change and make it the interior only for a DM map, later maybe i will focus in create the exterior area playable for CTF and i hope Siege. Some help needed for bot support now that the exterior is accessible after some changes

Screenshots:

Colorful, Cartonish and totalty my style, i still not share the map yet because i want to see if there any change i can do and then add it to the servers(testing in evil server even if he doesn't like the color :P)
Kelly

Re: Coming Soon

Post by Kelly »

Fuck Evil. He hates everything, even himself. :tease:

If you want me to playtest and offer any helpful hints just let me know: agutgopostal at gmail dot com.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Okay, the exterior area is accesible now, so the players can fight outside with less coverage but more freedom, now i need to make the bots go to that exterior area but i still don't figure it out even if i use jumpspot and the pathnodes to guide them and still no work.

Suggestions Kelly or Nelsona to make the bots go outside and jump between areas
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I'm happy to do it but Nels is the absolute genius for getting bots to do what you want. If he's busy I'm happy to help but I'm very much your number two choice behind him.
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

I LOVE NEW CARTOONY MAPS
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Hook

Post by Hook »

Nice - Yes! LOL :D
= Hook =
ALL NEW Site/Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
SERVER NAME: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
PRO-REDEEMER / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer

CMM Server IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Kelly wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:18 pm I'm happy to do it but Nels is the absolute genius for getting bots to do what you want. If he's busy I'm happy to help but I'm very much your number two choice behind him.
yea i know but then he will be complaining and asking why i didn't do it like this or like that or why i use this...... anyway here is the areas i want the bots to passby

Here i want them to jump to the center of the ship or if they fall just jump to continue from there and viceversa

and here, it doesn't look clear but since the area is in a trapezium shape with low gravity i just want them to jump and go to the top without need of platforms or teleports
Nelsona

Re: Coming Soon and some help

Post by Nelsona »

Send me a prototype, add some MonkStatue where you wants paths, I mean which spot has to be roamed by Bots - which barrier has to be passed. Also there you need some nice smelling inventory if you want Bots in area, Bots are like dogs, wherever you drop a good bone they move there, if they can see humans will attack them...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:31 pm Send me a prototype, add some MonkStatue where you wants paths, I mean which spot has to be roamed by Bots - which barrier has to be passed. Also there you need some nice smelling inventory if you want Bots in area, Bots are like dogs, wherever you drop a good bone they move there, if they can see humans will attack them...
Thanks for that Nelsona, i want to do some changes in size for the exterior so this will take a little more and i need to add the health boxes in the exterior too, right now the center has a invisible item with a rocket launcher, and near the hangar there is a minigun soo there are some bones right there for them
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

This is why Nels is one of the underappreciated gems of the Unreal community. I can promise you Diego that when Nels gets done it's going to work flawlessly. He's the best ever at these odd botpathing problems.