Coming Back to Map Creation

Show us and share your created maps.
D13GO_{HoF}

Coming Back to Map Creation

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Well since at the moment i had a life change moment at the end of July, now i have time to go back to mapping and man i feel so good to be back to it.
Was attempting to make a map during the last year and a half but no advancing and was getting more and more complicated with brushes not getting deleted......
It make me scratch it and start from zero.

Now at it is right now the map is working for bots mostly in the interior and its less complicated to deal with and when its completed i will be posting it here plus ut99.org

Preview Screenshot of the Exterior

Cartoonish, yes i know and i love it(my style of map making)
Nelsona

Re: Coming Back to Map Creation

Post by Nelsona »

You might want to use more textures unless your map will be like those MH-Detour series with 5-9 common textures, just saying...
I'm using more than 4 textures in maps done only for lab-testing - used only for checking actors and net codes...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
medor

Post by medor »

Hi :D

A lot {HoF}-maps are not save

Do you want save it now or a lot are private {HoF} ?
medor.no_ip.org
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

medor wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 am Hi :D

A lot {HoF}-maps are not save

Do you want save it now or a lot are private {HoF} ?
No, they aren't, if you want you can download them from the servers or in the case of my maps you can dl them too
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12288
Nelsona wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:57 am You might want to use more textures unless your map will be like those MH-Detour series with 5-9 common textures, just saying...
I'm using more than 4 textures in maps done only for lab-testing - used only for checking actors and net codes...
The thing is, the game has limited textures and i have to do with little resources, if i could i will use more but that's what i have, the interior use a different texture, similar to floors/platform and a corridor in the center
medor

Post by medor »

I have save it a long time ago ;)
medor.no_ip.org
papercoffee

Post by papercoffee »

D13GO_{HoF} wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 pm The thing is, the game has limited textures and i have to do with little resources, if i could i will use more but that's what i have, the interior use a different texture, similar to floors/platform and a corridor in the center
Which game do you mean?
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:40 pm
D13GO_{HoF} wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 pm The thing is, the game has limited textures and i have to do with little resources, if i could i will use more but that's what i have, the interior use a different texture, similar to floors/platform and a corridor in the center
Which game do you mean?
The game is Jazz Jackrabbit, its a DOS game made by epic megagames in 1994, the map only have some textures to use so i do what i can with it