CTF-UTDM-UTexas

Post by evilgrins »

Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Kelly

Re: CTF-UTDM-UTexas

Post by Kelly »

Grins you should consider before posting things like this. If you were an unknown poster you'd run the very real risk of getting banned since this is the textbook definition of spam posting: No information, only a link to an off-site webpage. You can do better than that. It looks like you are just trying to drive clicks to your page. Don't waste people's time...give them information to decide if this is something they are interested in looking further at or if they can just ignore it.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I got it, but... I think it's... going to be removed.
I'm not gonna go louder but these type of areas with missing paths or borked paths and canons having nothing to defend - A.I. will not go there too much if are not hunting something.
That lift is proving that whoever did Bot Support don't have too much clue about it - lemme guess that one from tower is a lift having... a PathNode ? No way back from there ? This... for me, as a fan of game-play with Bots and Monsters has nothing to capture my attention, seriously.
Such large areas make me an easy target for my XAN bots especially if they are in the same team (speaking about good aiming skill - total advantage) and... if they can navigate around this garbage called Navigation Network.
If you want more feed back I'll do a small game check...
Edit:
Navigation - Flags are indeed linked each-other, but exist enough dead areas where Pawns can be lost...
Umm... no, log is full of crap - Have Fun then...
I'm not gonna fix that UT... crap-lord for such game-play...
Did I say about Telefragging ? I could not telefrag UTDMT but the rest of creatures were dying easily regarding to stupid message telling telefragging monsters is not allowed, ahah, dreams...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Nelsona wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 pmI'm not gonna go louder but these type of areas with missing paths or borked paths and canons having nothing to defend - A.I. will not go there too much if are not hunting something.
Mostly think the lift and other spots as such were intended for human players, bot pathing between bases is limited but enough that occasionally a bot makes it to the flag and back to their own base.

Could definitely use better pathing if anyone ever wanted to take a stab at it.
Kelly wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:50 pmGrins you should consider before posting things like this. If you were an unknown poster you'd run the very real risk of getting banned since this is the textbook definition of spam posting
As you know I normally tend to post new downloads of my edits to multiple forums, thought I'd try something a tad different.

It's not about clicks though, I don't care anything about that.
Skaarj need love too!
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

While paths are an easy task to do, the rest of GARBAGE pawns are a hard deal especially if things are supposed to not mismatch their original versions. While that "monster" does Accessed Nones related to attitude code because "monsters" cannot work with other original monsters properly, this map is an INTRUDER in a server as a Trojan-Horse while will bite server from inside. Whoever did UTDM in fact he did nothing else than copying the same crap from UTDMT without fixing nothing. What can I say ?
I'm not gonna fix anything here, as long as other 20 "coders" will probably do UTDMSpinner, UTDMSkaarj, UTDMSlith, devilfish, tentacle, fly, krall, scorpion, bullshitron, crapitron, and the rest of manure and then I'm not a free slave to clean their crap as long as they do not have any clue how to put things right.
This way of "modding" it's far from my way of doing. Such activity of "supporting UT" made the guys from NfoServers to setup some protection, when server goes at 90% CPU for 10 seconds the server's task is killed instantly in order to prevent damaging stuff around, all happens due to a sudden addiction of members from UT community which are making a mess with this game being busily engaged in a never ending quest for completely ruin it.
Comparing with real life it's like a guy having a pet, a small puppy, and he says that he loves it a lot, but all it does daily is to slap it with a baseball bat - in the name of love, of course :? .
The rest of "mappers" are willing to help by using garbage content, probably the best help for community.
I worked around 1 month (even more) to fix that "awesome" Tarmation crap. If that garbage "+fix5" is still stuff for servers then maybe time has come for me to no longer release any fix for anything because people are happy sitting in the middle of crap (since forever) and not trying to improve their stuff at all. Why doing a quality work then ? No reason.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Crapitron sounds like a cool monster. I'm picturing a robot with projectile exploding poop.
Nelsona wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 amI worked around 1 month (even more) to fix that "awesome" Tarmation crap.
Actually just downloaded that map from Fuzzy's forum... haven't checked it out yet, though your .pdf was well written.
Nelsona wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 ammaybe time has come for me to no longer release any fix for anything because people are happy sitting in the middle of crap (since forever) and not trying to improve their stuff at all.
Hey now, that's just crazy talk. You stop that now!

My edit is mostly for fun, not necessarily for severs. I don't play online all that much so that's not usually my first thought process. After all, eventually there will be no online play for ut99... so stuff needs to be fun when you don't have a LAN game going.
Skaarj need love too!