Those wrong ones

Show us and share your created maps.
Nelsona

Re: Those wrong ones

Post by Nelsona » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:36 pm

When ever I had some free time I did some checks and modifications to said LavaTower "uni-zoned" map. Too much TT_Shoot affinity for no purpose (if trigger is not unreachable why do I need to shoot it since I can touch it, not enough ammo, no healing, but happily setting up an Insta meeting spot where all player wants to reach or to camp in a redeemer zone for killing monsters without no fight ignoring tutorial's recommendations.
The cake in stage is that dumb idea to bring monster in battle-field from a spot VIA a mobile teleporter, and this teleporter is not protected against blocking it making monster trapped and option to break map if server won't crash at collision problems - because those are chained as critical ones - All SpawnPoints might collide and blocking spawning, I think these are going to be replaced and moved for a clean spawn. This will take a while, but it can be fixed - editing here because patching won't bring zones and neither other needs.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -

Nelsona

Re: Those wrong ones

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Triggered bump timer.
As a diverse fact, I have seen some people who make maps at UT99.ORG that are not friendly with sharing chapter and team-work. Somehow I will not use what they consider to be "beautiful", the gentleman in question proves clearly that he knows nothing about the support for the A.I. and then, until he learns what is about, we'll use what we're editing without blinking, so simple.
I'm not a fan of screwing up, but as long as original content is closer to trash, we might want an edit instead.

In 2019 we have maps shared using doors instead of lifts and having 0 (zero) Bot deal. Until to see a normal map spread around and not 10 borked "beta" types which for me are just useless for gaming, we can use edited ones while we might wait ages for more quality mapping rather than personal obsessions for something which X millions of people might ignore.

Monster Gaming Server is completed properly without too many details. Another older MH map will be added when all patch files are ready.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -