i found a GotchaBitch telefrag addon exploit for some maps

Game conversions or mutators.
a$']['®õ_{HoF}

i found a GotchaBitch telefrag addon exploit for some maps

Post by a$']['®õ_{HoF} »

In Flat-REVERSE there are 4 gun turrets in the fish tank. You can telefrag these and get a kill each
In LongHarrisBeach there are bunnies that you can telefrag and get a point each. I don't know how to program mutators otherwise id fix it myself. i just wanted to make a bug report
Nelsona

Re: i found a GotchaBitch telefrag addon exploit for some maps

Post by Nelsona »

Because after a few days I did not see other reply here, nor a fix or a response, then let's see what is about - a clarification for players who don't know translocator after almost two decades of UT - because they might be younger than UT. And title is wrong at random telefragging is not a subject only for GotchaBitch is a common thingy for gaming with translocator.

In TeamGames or NON TeamGames player/bot having a translocator and attempting to translocate in a spot where exist another pawn NON-player type (FlockPawn, ScriptedPawn, StationaryPawn, etc), will always result in telefragging that crap based on translocator featured properties - console will log an error because non-players don't have a PlayerReplicationInfo owned, that simple.

Note: Epic never did BotPack for Non-Players having a default bNoMonsters=True because they have utterly messed up everything with their own dumb idea toward SkaarjTrooper types, these becoming bIsPlayer for getting weapon, but failing to get back into monster suit at random causing other funky errors especially at replacements - un-killable Skaarj in Team-Games a la MonsterHunt was one of entertaining stuff from the past heavily fixed in years of study.

For "fixing" this you have to learn first a bit UT structures, so good luck with a newer translocator intended to not gain score for killing stupid pawns used in maps, they can be discarded after all...
I told to every single "mapper" at ut99.org to forget cannons and all that stuff in CTF which is not for such pawns but they are deaf or ignorant, so I told them: I will TELEFRAG stupid cannons whenever I get a chance, that simple. Without a new translocator and a new controller wrapped for non-players BotPack.CTFGame and non-players will do damage to a server - TESTED.

Biography:
MonsterHunt2v3 has a translocator preventing telefragging ScriptedPawn, this can be expanded for preventing telefragging non-players generally and implemented in a mutator everything having nothing to do with GotchaBitch. If another mutator is replacing translocator, the newer one has to be placed the last in mutators chain in order to have the last word in replacements and has to be coded against recursive replacing heading to a crash.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
a$']['®õ_{HoF}

Re: i found a GotchaBitch telefrag addon exploit for some maps

Post by a$']['®õ_{HoF} »

Thank you for the clarification of the issue. i am not to terribly familiar with the internal workings of the game itself, I was just reporting what i observed