Weaponlord

Game conversions or mutators.
GhostHunter94

Weaponlord

Post by GhostHunter94 »

Looking for some great new weapons? Well, how about a mutator that contains DOZENS of them?
With Weaponlord, you certainly would not have a shortage of weapons to kill your enemies with.

(Note: Weapon featured in screenshot is Anti-tank Rifle from the Mutator, though it was currently mingled with Stuffswapper at the time of Screenshot)
Attachments
Weaponlord.zip
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 297 times
Weaponlord.jpg
Weaponlord.jpg (77.35 KiB) Viewed 8482 times
Last edited by GhostHunter94 on Fri May 25, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nelsona

Re: Weaponlord

Post by Nelsona »

GhostHunter94 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:56 pm Looking for some great new weapons? Well, how about a mutator that contains DOZENS of them?
With Weaponlord, you certainly would not have a shortage of weapons to kill your enemies with.
Do you have any recommendations about some of those which are not bad coded or doing sucks ON-LINE ?
I see that you keep posting obsolete and poorly coded things - OVER-KNOWN by older people here, some of them were painful enough in my old MH server - I cannot forget that easy those things which have been hurting me. THIS CRAPLORD aka TRASHLORD aka WeaponLord has weapons which are not even do damage to a monster but to the server hosting it, to not mention LOG SPAM about animations used for meshes which do not have them and Accessed None errors according to NONE objects deals which these things are using. For me this is the way NO GO, why would I be interested about them ? Have you ever hosted a server with them and working perfectly ?
I think we are getting tired of poorly coded things and we might be interested about new goodies well coded. BTW, have you tested EXU by chance ? THAT is what I can definitely call UT STUFF. I've learned things from there, it can be used even as educational purpose not only for Game-Play.
I'll appreciate this posting spree if it would introduce good stuff rather than old borks.

Aside note:
NavAdder modules are aiming exactly such craps embedded in map in purpose to stabilize game by simply destroying damaging stuff.
Sample code snippet

Code: Select all

if (string(A.Name) ~= "RocketLauncher0") // Position 1073 - ruin shit with crapped A.I. code 
		{
			Spawn(class'ERocketLauncher',,,A.Location+vect(0,0,-1),A.Rotation );
			A.LifeSpan = 0.01;
			continue;
		}
Translation sounds like:
- if exist an actor with name RocketLauncher0, another ERocketLauncher will spawn into that spot at 1 UU lower, and then Old Actor is scheduled for self-destruction in next 10 milliseconds, iterator cycles continuing to run for next bork.
So this is the faith of bad content mindlessly added into Levels by too much design addiction and "creativity".
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
GhostHunter94

Post by GhostHunter94 »

There is no need to blast me like that, no UT pun intended, i was not aware there was certain things that some people here didnt exactly care for.

I was doing this under the assumption that there might be people, new or old to UT, who have not discovered this mutator yet and might like to give it a try, i wish i knew about that sooner.

Plus, YES i did do testing with this on a Server but nowadays i just use some of the weapons on Stuffswapper.

If you want to delete this thread, by all means go ahead, i have other things that people may see as NEW or actually interesting.

But please, there is no need for that talk, i wasnt trying to cause any trouble, hopefully we can avoid anymore as long as i know what mutators or other things people dont exactly 'Care For'.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

We all understand you are trying to post mods here for future downloads if by chance other sites can't provide them. I think Nelsona would like it if you were posting mods that are say better functionality than originally released versions. Meaning we here at hof love to support Unreal-tournament mods but would like those mods to be the source of better working mods rather than being another repository for poorly made works. Hope this helps for any future mods you may post. :)
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

GhostHunter94 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:17 pm There is no need to blast me like that, no UT pun intended, i was not aware there was certain things that some people here didnt exactly care for.
There is not blast nowhere, it's my default reaction when I'm getting a reminder about stuff giving pain - as mentioned already - it's one of reasons more or less known where I have a "bad reputation" and it it would be priceless to find what reputation have others damaging UT from inside by doing obsolete stuff.
GhostHunter94 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:17 pm If you want to delete this thread, by all means go ahead, i have other things that people may see as NEW or actually interesting.
Nah, I won't delete anything and I'm explaining why. Because we have to show to other people (readers generally) that we don't swallow here any thing posted just because it's House of Fools. A few time ago someone was on a posting spree with self-made maps, and some of them are already known as being rammed, incomplete, having bad packages and crashing servers/clients, the cherry (cannot recall if that was posted) was a Level made over Engine's boundaries. Why I would share such things ? Perhaps we do need reminders that this forum it's not a trash-box for hosting "mods" and "Levels" far from not doing damage.

As for the rest of things (to prevent an answer for each post) there are plenty of MapVotes better than that version 304 some of them having even a "search" feature preventing player to scroll through all Levels for finding the loved one. In 21th century we are busy to do other things than setting up poorly coded mutators, to not forget the mention that StuffSwapper screws things up using default obsolete replacement method from engine which has only 2 of 5 factors in account for a replaced item, and is able to confirm once again Skaarj bug which in MH was annoying since forever. I'm not sure if you entirely get what I mean but definitely I don't need old memories back in stage, I was one of those trying harder to mitigate MH problems and any route pointing to the past for me is a NO WAY, I did not spent late hours beyond midnight fixing mods and maps and then returning later to initial point from where I left - all my hard work would be meaningless.

If you are addicted to support UT maybe you can learn to do some stuff, I have a few things to work on the table, I was just thinking at a solution for lost projectiles sitting in client in case of Network Play, more stuff for being implemented in a poor map, cute NavigationPoints, etc.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
GhostHunter94

Post by GhostHunter94 »

Alright, i get it, IF i post anything more i'll make sure it is new (even though UT is old and thus, is anything really new anymore?), hopefully works better than some other things or maybe something else people have not yet seen..

Seriously though, how was i supposed to know it had 'Defects', even with prior testing? You honestly CANNOT expect me to know about these things beforehand.

With all of that said, next time (if there even IS a next time), please go a little easier on me, as i've said before 'im not trying to cause any trouble'.

Let's try to avoid any more of this Garbage in the future.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

GhostHunter94 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:51 am Seriously though, how was i supposed to know it had 'Defects', even with prior testing? You honestly CANNOT expect me to know about these things beforehand.
Alot of times defects will show up and can be found in your UnrealTournament.log or server.log. Try to check these next time you test a mod.