MonsterHunt Versions & History
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:38 am
Release 1 (Internal)
- Initial release
Release 2 (Internal)
- Fixed lots of tiny bugs
- Added subtle little things you probably won't notice
- Removed 'Deaths' listing from the scoreboard
- Fixed some spelling errors
- Greatly expanded the ReadMe file
Release 3 (Internal)
- Added new game type - Monster Arena!
- Included three Monster Arena maps, MA-Winged, MA-Queens and MA-Revenge.
- Included new Monster Hunt map, MH-Canyon.
- Created icons for MonsterEnd triggers to make it less confusing when making MH and MA maps.
- Fixed "*Player* is now on" message that was displayed when a player joined a game, now reads "*Player* has joined the hunt!"
- Fixed some death messages eg. "Shrimp was slimed. by a Slith". Note the full stop after "was slimed." all those have been fixed.
- Improved bot intelligence, they should now be able to complete the map.
- Added support for Unreal 1 weapons, giving you a potential total of 21 weapons.
- May have fixed bug where the monsters weren't showing up on some people's systems. (experimental)
- Added a small Monster Hunt logo under the health and armour readings on the HUD.
- Changed the difficulty descriptions in the bot config window to suit Monster Hunt.
- Added support for up to 32 players, I don't reccomend you use that many though, but the option is there if you want it.
- Added Monster Hunt server browser for finding online games.
- Removed ammo from maps when using the Chainsaw Arena mutator.
- Fixed lots of bugs in MH-Forbidden.
- Created this HTML help file, looks a lot nicer than NotePad don't you think?
- Thought up little slogan, "Don't think, shoot!!" (you may recoginse this from the best PlayStation game ever made, Metal Gear Solid!).
Release 4 (First public release)
- Added maps: MH-Trials, MA-RocketArena and MA-Crimson
- Added death messages when a monster is killed
- Added server browser for Monster Arena
- Server browsers actually work now
- Fixed "Hunt Successful!" message even if time ran out, will now read "Time up, hunt failed!" when time runs out
- Fixed problem where monsters wouldn't work on some people's systems for real this time
- Fixed problems with Monster Arena map lists
- Created 3 new monster classes: LavaTitan, LavaSlith and RockTentacle
- Added the Monster Hunt credits to the Mod menu
- Revised all maps and fixed lots of bugs
- New background images for the Rules, Settings and Bots config screens when starting a game.
- Created the MonsterEvent class, allows messages to be displayed. Can be used to inform players of progress or things that have happned.
- Weapons and ammo respawn faster in Monster Arena
- Monster Hunt now uses it's own .ini file "MonsterHunt.ini" for storing it's information
- Fixed Unreal weapons not working in multiplayer, also added decals to their projectiles - Thanks to UsAaR for help.
- Added a scoring system so you score points depending on which type of monster you kill. Scores are as follows: Titan, Queen and WarLord = 5 points. Giant GasBag and Giant Manta = 4 points. SkaarjWarrior, MercenaryElete and Brute = 3 points. Krall, Mercenary, SkaarjTrooper, Slith and GasBag = 2 points. Everything else = 1 point. You also loose 5 points for killing innocent creatures and yourself. 10 extra points are awarded for killing a boss.
- Fixed bug where monsters would attack spectators before a round begins.
- Fixed bug where where if no time limit was set, but you finished the level, it would say "Time up, hunt failed!".
- Bots can now follow waypoints (if supported by the map) and complete complex objectives and end the level by themselves.
- Bots now fight monsters and monsters fight bots.
- Monster difficulty is influenced by bot difficulty settings, eg. if you set the bot skill to Novice, monsters will be easy to beat, set the bot skill to Godlike and monsters are much harder to beat.
- A life limit can be set, when players (and bots) run out of lives, they are sent into spectator mode. When all players and bots are dead, the game ends.
- Tournament mode can no longer be set, it will always be off in multiplayer games and always on in single player.
- Fixed "You are the winner" announcer message from playing when you actually lost (ran out of time or team has no lives left).
- Team skins are now optional (set when starting a game), no need to use red all the time.
- 5 Points are lost for being killed when there is no life limit, this should help prevent "kamakazi" style gameplay.
- Revised all Hunt maps and fixed a lot of bugs in them.
- Added new map, HM-NaliVillage][.
- Lots of other minor bugs have been fixed up along the way.