Movin on !

General community discussions here.
Chrescht_{HoF}

Re: Movin on !

Post by Chrescht_{HoF} »

BluEyedBitch_{HoF} wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 pm Go on my server and try each column ... you will see what I am sayin ;)
Indeed, I noticed a few things on the blue server:
  • the weapons changed a bit,
    • the really cool liquid steel weapon is not there anymore (I am really missing that one), and
    • also the machine gun is not the one it was before.
  • also a few settings changed regarding dying when you fall from height.
  • the new high-score panel (PlayerA had 10 frags in 20 games ...) does not count properly. After fragging bots by the hundreds, I get like a total score of 3 or so in the that list. :)
  • and mapvote sometimes still loads the wrong map (but this does not happen very often anymore).
But I think all of these are only minor problems, and should not be too hard to fix. For instance, just using the correct prefixes in the columns should bring your weapons back (at least I think so :) ). When many cool maps and other features are added, it is probably normal to encounter small problems like this. Despite all of this the server is running sufficiently fine to have a lot of fun. :D

PS: I will also try to play a bit on the AAA server one of these days, but because of the time zone it was too late for me last weekend.
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

I wanted to have the columns match evils server as far as trans settings and gravity settings. This way it felt normal to me because I liked each of the columns having a different feel.... but as far as having his weapons and none of mine .... no. I can't do any of this myself so I dunno what else to say really..
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
Chrescht_{HoF}

Post by Chrescht_{HoF} »

To be on the safe side, I also tested the translocator...
translocator_test_blue_server.mp4
(17.31 MiB) Downloaded 209 times
But it seems to be ok. :D
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Chrescht_{HoF} wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:00 pm [*] the new high-score panel (PlayerA had 10 frags in 20 games ...) does not count properly. After fragging bots by the hundreds, I get like a total score of 3 or so in the that list. :)
That is how Schwartz high score was intented to work, bot kills doesn´t add to the score only True Kills(Player Kill). If it wasn´t like that people will be getting way to high scores only by killing bots and that is no fun or worthless.

Well. checking the server for issues might be a reason to start UT99 for me and see what is happening.
Chrescht_{HoF}

Post by Chrescht_{HoF} »

D13GO_{HoF} wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:38 pm ...
That is how Schwartz high score was intented to work, bot kills doesn´t add to the score only True Kills(Player Kill). If it wasn´t like that people will be getting way to high scores only by killing bots and that is no fun or worthless.
Oh, I see! Thank you for explaining this! I will try to kill less bots and more players in the future. :)