Admin Section?

General community discussions here.
Stinky

Re: Admin Section?

Post by Stinky »

If I had Powerz , I would . , just mute them and gain Ip for reporting .. a grand idea, they were in again causing problems spaming !!!! thank god Swartze came in and helped out tonight,, nice to see admin . thanks
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I went for a walk into Sniper server. I did not see too many... nasty things... okay some decorations in whatever map can cover player masking it. Advantage toward others which are not knowing map...
And then for me something was not enough conclusive so far, I have to study more.
I captured a Screenshot with a Normal player:
Normal_Player.png
Normal_Player.png (221.44 KiB) Viewed 8698 times
And then one of top players captured my attention with some "reactions" like predicting a bit other's moves. I went to check a bit what's going on.
Other_Aiming.png
Other_Aiming.png (657.43 KiB) Viewed 8698 times
While using translocator was looking like here:
Other_Translocator.png
Other_Translocator.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 8698 times
I don't want to rush with conclusions but I might be willing to see someone smarter than me explaining what's going on...
I saw player skilled, low skilled player, useless player camper, and THIS thing described above...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Interesting finds Nelsona ,,. Hey where is and how to use to video of players? please been a long time since I used this .

MoOoOoOooooooooooo
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

It's not about videos. For recording a demo you'll need ALL files used by server which means X GB for this case and already it's frustrating to download for ages. But... spectators can use their capabilities to see what's going on and then.... even to crash game somehow (I don't know what they do but, they do that). As a side effect I had to change mods in MonsterGamingServer reducing my changes and allowing XC power to do the tweaking using new natives and what Higor was recommending, I'll see if spectators will crash. If happens again then the only solution is... ADMIN spying methods.
Said player has definitely something screwed - I did not see other player rendering weapon like that and acting like that way. Such a capture closer to this one I saw at a cheater which Deepu has caught and show at <ut99.org> recommending to ban his address which I think is a good practice to share cheaters and motivating admins to remove them from everywhere.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

ok ty very much, Nelsona,, ye seen a player from mexico moving strangely, translocating that looked like back feed moving at times or super fast. This was brought to my attention also from others. before I started watching . (( Killer _Speed )) won 99% matches even beat top player misfit. Ip is 197.192.27.60 Mexico / has real vulgar voice packs .. lol kids..
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Aside from something which others are calling private data like an IP address. IP address is a number assigned by Internet provider according to IANA's rules. As long as are shared lists with various IP addresses, future comments about an IP address as being "personal" data protected it's not in account - it's not private any data if you are spreading it on Internet - that simple.

Back in stage, I saw people playing well, no spammers, no bad things for good minutes, else it would be entertaining to "chat" with them a bit... if Evil don't want to take measures... If people are loving such a server it's their right to play, jesters which are only ruining fun can be restricted. They have the freedom to pick other place or... to build their own garbage. One of them had 320+ ping - I do not have any clue why I would play like that...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Agreed.. Nelsona,
Glad to see higher Admins hanging out in spec or just being there. has done a great job .. ty very much,, I am passing this along from players.. for a fun server.

MoOoOoOooooooooooo
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Stinky_{HoF} wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:31 am has real vulgar voice packs .. lol kids..
The problem of a voice pack - this is part of server used as package. One of annoying things in MonsterGamingServer was not only bad maps heading to no play but even some Bots talking crap all time 10 times per minute - indeed server was "unique", no one ever did such a trash gaming ground. Here we have next issues: no welcome for new comer:
- 1. a bunch of downloads are required;
- 2. game atmosphere generally it's a mess with such "voicepacks", encouraging another way of insulting - a legit insulting happily engineered by server configuration, admin here - making new comers to feel disgusted. They were coming to play and not for listening what morons are "coding".
Problem of spamming sh!t voices can be solved by removing these... pointless packages after all - this might happen if 2+ people are recommending this. If only one player is disturbed, perhaps others are happy to live with sh!t in ears all time and then we have to keep their fun active.

The server is also miss-configured in a way... somewhere. I saw a player having whatever alien model used, but skin was like that default Mullog carcass from MonsterHunt looking like a green junk with a bad skin or without a valid skin. This is how that model should look like ? I think not.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Next note:
1. I see players like Clay playing very well, a really good player - skilled even at all commands - spamming voice included. That's a server configuration deal not my deal. If anyone feels annoyed by that voice turn off voice messages, even we can discuss about removal of voices which might be too old/outdated and just a download charge.
2. Like I expected at a moment three campers are sitting in state dead and other two players are tinkering bots which are... way too sleepy. If anyone wants a more challenging A.I. activity for not getting tired of such latent game in less populated moments of the day, we can discuss about a quick solution.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The fact is a random player still enter like that - screwed files - scoring fast, seeing well - and not the last asking for VIP. Seriously ?
VIP is player playing clean and... more times not in his/her first day.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -