HELP!! UT doesnt see any HoF servers!! Fresh UT Install.

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
BIG_JAKE-}x{_{HoF}

HELP!! UT doesnt see any HoF servers!! Fresh UT Install.

Post by BIG_JAKE-}x{_{HoF} »

So I tried out the new patch and didnt care for it. I was going to do a fresh install any way. Reloaded game and used the exact files I used to setup on my PC. I can not see any (HoF) servers, (V) servers along with a shitload of other servers. Same installs and it's fucked up! I removed game and tried again with the same outcome. WTF!!!!
evilgrins

Re: HELP!! UT doesnt see any HoF servers!! Fresh UT Install.

Post by evilgrins »

For the record, uninstalling UT and then reinstalling it should always be your last and final option. I've had UT since it came out and I've never reinstalled it and it works just fine, the only reason I ever installed it again was when I got Unreal Anthology.

That said, I don 't know how to fix your problem... but I could swear I saw someone talking about this very thing in a different forum, where a solution was provided.

Will get back to you if I can find it.

5 minutes later:
Found it · https://www.vulpinemission.com/viewtopic.php?p=69402

Turns out it was so familiar because it was also you.

I provided a possible solution over there.
Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
Skaarj need love too!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

THIS IS MY CLIENT-GAME SAMPLE:

Code: Select all

CacheSizeMegs=128
UseSound=True
;ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon //Removing SERVER stuff from client - not needed these objects at all
;ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
;ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
;ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
;ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
;ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
;ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
;ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
;ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
;ServerPackages=BossSkins
;ServerPackages=Botpack
I commented out all server stuff - this is client, it's ONLY a CLIENT.
and then:

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.eu,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[3]=
ListFactories[4]=
ListFactories[5]=
ListFactories[6]=
ListFactories[7]=
ListFactories[8]=
ListFactories[9]=
bHidden=False
bFallbackFactories=False
ServerListTitle=
URLAppend=
AutoRefreshTime=30
bNoAutoSort=False
These are CLIENT NEEDS not ServerActors. CLIENT IS NOT SERVER.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
BIG_JAKE-}x{_{HoF}

Post by BIG_JAKE-}x{_{HoF} »

Thanks Nelsona! Worked and now I can see everyone and some I didnt see before. Clean install of UT was needed. Game runs so much better. After changing and adding shit it just needed to be done. :geek:
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The fact is that EPIC sooner or later will give up at MasterServer - I'm not sure if this is OK.
Right now I see 300+ servers demonstrating that admins are not using other community MasterServers and so their servers are invisible, lol. I don't think UT has only around 300 servers, this is a MasterServer heartbeat problem. They are started but sitting in shadow.

Anyway... you can have servers loaded at favorites list:

[UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact]
FavoriteCount=9
Favorites[0]= {HoF} SC]-[WARTZ's **NEW ROCKET-X9** <CTF> | hofgamingclan.com\66.85.80.155\8889\False
Favorites[1]= {HoF} Evil's Sniper Deathmatch | hofgamingclan.com\66.85.80.155\7798\False
Favorites[2]= {HoF} Bounty's NW3 MH >>Invitation Only<< | hofgamingclan.com\66.85.80.155\8899\False
Favorites[3]={HoF} Monster Gaming Server\64.94.238.23\7778\False
Favorites[4]= {HoF} Evil's Run & Gun Redeemer | hofgamingclan.com\66.85.80.155\7889\False
Favorites[5]= {HoF} BluEyedB*tch's Playground *BoltAction2k4* | hofgamingclan.com\50.39.117.17\7798\False
Favorites[6]= {HoF} Bounty's Big Ass Sniper DM | hofgamingclan.com\50.39.117.17\8008\False
Favorites[7]= {HoF} MonsterHunt -=]NaliWeapons-III[=- | hofgamingclan.com\50.39.117.17\7788\False
Favorites[8]= {HoF} XC_MonsterHunt -=]Nelsona's XCMH[=- | hofgamingclan.com\50.39.117.17\8889\False
Last Favorites position + 1 is value for FavoriteCount.
If you'll open browser and check Favorites TAB you'll see these if everything is properly configured.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -