Unreal Tournament v469 Official Patches

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: Unreal Tournament v469a Official Patch

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Nelsona wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:08 pm Huh ? Now they are bitching at conformed versions or it's a mismatch version ? Lol, I feel like this UT469 won't be a successful one as its predecessors...
The only way to success is by failing a lot first, it was something to get a new version of UT99, if there is a lot of bugs found, well, getting a public version was the only way to find some of them.

Mismatching was always a problem before, if i recall correctly, one of the "improvements" was to fix mismatch by downloading the version of the server side when the mismatch is detected
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Whoever is touching these will fail - an old man said. First time in XCv21 was possible to do an unplayable server due to redirect vs file from server - plain UT sends files directly if redirect is different - here was a total rejection, so to speak... a ruin.
Now... a conformed file means exactly what we have for years, client v436 playing in v451 server - no mismatch, no crap. MonsterGamingServer - Why do you think is working for hours without crashing ? It's not only about maps sorted, it's about files used there... Exactly, server uses some files which I modified - it was not that easy - and ScriptedPawn (Monsters) from there are working without a bunch of errors like original stock monster does. Everyone can play there without any mismatch with regard to stock files. Perhaps there is a problem at map-switching for common player, not for XC Player. A conformed file is always a solution against critical crashes and various borked things. I'm really hoping that 469 will have these AS THEY ARE, we don't need new headaches. I already read some funky stuff at GitHub (that errors list)... it will take time to solve them... and I'm afraid that very easy things at UScript Level are not going to be solved as long as all "issues" are in other side... and they don't bother to read ut99.org as long as some slow minded self claimed coder can only spam posting without adding anything constructive - I'm wondering why admins are not wiping out these clowns which were not helping and are not helping with anything but posting for the sake of posting.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Nelsona wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:46 pm I'm really hoping that 469 will have these AS THEY ARE, we don't need new headaches. I already read some funky stuff at GitHub (that errors list)... it will take time to solve them... and I'm afraid that very easy things at UScript Level are not going to be solved as long as all "issues" are in other side... and they don't bother to read ut99.org as long as some slow minded self claimed coder can only spam posting without adding anything constructive - I'm wondering why admins are not wiping out these clowns which were not helping and are not helping with anything but posting for the sake of posting.
I just look at they GitHib - https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues
And it looks like work is going there. They even have 469 beta in development. And even in february people find bugs with Win XP. I hope they solve them. Cause i just found out win-raid forum. And there guys do unbelievable stuff like rewrite drivers from Win8 ACPI and AHCI drivers for XP and 2003 and make them work. They now capable to run Ryzen 3700x system on XP stable and ultrafast system. Look at this screenshot - LMAO. That's is very cool and also hilarious. I'm not even saying about 10-core Broadwell-E systems, that is now old story. What happened, people who lecture us to abandon XP\7 for years? Turns out that if enthusiast create or adapt new drivers then it is still relevant OS. Ha-ha-ha. And if guys with OneCoreApi will be successful i doubt that XP will abandoned ever. It looks now that with updates XP can live forever. Same with windows7.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

A simple OS without millions of files works faster, Win10 has colors, it's not like we need it with any matter for UT... These should be reconsidered when a patch has to be recompiled but... it's not that stable yet...
Either way they said that adds are not welcomed because are screwing up old compatibility. All I have to say that an advanced Editor capable to do a geometry check and pathing check and doing them perfect won't break anything but delivering a NORMAL map which can be played everywhere, my custom paths done in 227 are working normally in 436 out of any crash or funky stuff... EDITOR needs to be IMPROVED, it won't hurt anything, not adding new types of actors but making old stock to run better.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Re: Unreal Tournament v469 Official Patches

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

V469b has been released. Check first post for details.
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

All right, let see the new improvements and fails too :P
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I think Shadow was triggered - confirming my deductions...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Let's surf more through this newer Editor.
I will want to know what it's all about in this bullshit class which 436 doesn't have... Is it discarded through network it it's just a 436 crusher ?
NewClass_CrashingPurposedly.PNG
NewClass_CrashingPurposedly.PNG (16.15 KiB) Viewed 57120 times
I stated on fixing game and forgetting dumb adds concerning run-time operation, but... it's not like anyone is listening. Good luck with this, boys...

As a simple UT user which I am, I will NEVER compile any of my Final/Beta mods in a UT Version number bigger than official 436 (- or let's say up to 440 ). Starting with 451, "devel-popers" were skilled in ruining assets. They started fighting with Editor in 2004 and winning the competition in making it useless for editing and it looks like community works harder to do more damage as possible - this is what I see, my apologies if I'm stupid. I was expecting superior Maps Editing support for preventing trash maps from being publicly released but I see that direction is being pointed elsewhere...
If I need a new class, I'm creating it in my mod/mutator and not referencing it in a new stock and which is NULL in older stock versions and causing a game-crash.
It's why games with new natives are no longer working here - even in natives are new things which are no longer matching old linkers...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
chamberly

Post by chamberly »

Explain Like I'm 5, please.

~Cham
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

If you are making a mod calling a new class which doesn't exist in old versions, expect accessing null content and even a game-crash when mod runs in old version. There are added a couple of new functions and some of these Null point types of crushers were already reported - sanity checks can be added in current functions without assigning new ones and new gaps for old versions.

Experiment - make a map/mod in U227 with that new "StaticMeshActor" and run code/map in UT99 - let me know what you get... Answer is This: :tease: ... It's a similar situation (it won't run at all or it's crashing) - New patch, huh ?

Now my turn. Explain me like to a 5 years old kid why do we need these instead of FIXING damn bugs and leaving game alone.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -