Unreal Tournament v469 Official Patches

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
Cool Cat

Re: Unreal Tournament v469 Official Patches

Post by Cool Cat »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:32 am Sorry Nels but I was told older Windows OS such as XP or Win7 will not be supported in the future.
What does this mean specifically? 469c will not work in XP\7 environment? Unaceptable. Please told them that in anwer.
Nelsona wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:54 pm Now let me see...

Good Luck with that BugHit or how is called :arrow:

You can copy those Logged issues and feel free to post them on GitHub - if you can.
It was inevitable that GitHub will go down as soon as MicroSoft "enter the chat". Microsoft now is King Midas in reverse - everything they touch turn in to crap.
If it didn't broke - don't fix it, but in Microsoft they don't know about that rule. So they migrate GitHub to Google WebComponent.
Now Pale Moon, Basilisk and they forks New Moon and Serpent yet not have full support of Google WebComponent. So alternative browser for that situation is 360 Extreme Explorer on MSFN.
Rumours has it that v12.0.1053.0 is the best for now even if it not the newest.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The unfinished patch with "adds" it's supposed to not have anything to do with a machine where it was running before because of "changes". Not my problem then, I can live without patching anything. To be honest I've predicted this show since first beta altering MGS server.
I'm not against doing improvements but I personally think that these are not 100% improvements. It takes time for getting a stable Engine - but not for old users as I see. Never mind, I don't see anything added for textures and brushes works/tweaks and neither a pro stuff for A.I. paths. I don't feel like I'm losing something.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

According to what a server-log file was reporting, I went to check a code from 469b - mainly kicker class code for figuring what was improved there...
It's probably improved or not very improved, as far as I know whatever my custom MyLevel kicker is not messing up physics like plain kicker does.

Code: Select all

if ( Other.IsA('Bot') )
	{
		if ( bWasFalling )
			Bot(Other).bJumpOffPawn = true;
		Bot(Other).SetFall();
	}
	Other.SetPhysics(PHYS_Falling);
	Other.Velocity += Push;
If you cannot see anything wrong here, perhaps I have to ask everyone (including Epic) what's up when you set physics "falling" in water. Does engine deal with this natively or it's causing that movement stuck as in KongLauncher and when Bot starts running in place in water after a dumb code has set him to fall ?
ALL movement physics in water should be SWIMMING and this "scientific stuff" has to be under a sanity check and not just making pawn to fall in any case.
I see in 469 a comment saying that randomize option won't replicate well - I'm agree, client might have another random data than server. It's why randomizing functions are not that healthy to be simulated because I don't think server will match with client here...
Perhaps mappers are not that dumb for putting this in water (except triggerable water zones...) but... I still have to ask about a pawn FLYING why does it need to be bugged with physics falling just like that, I'm finding this kicker class a joke not a code... A Pawn flying doesn't need to be "helped" by kicker in any way because it will move where wants without external "support" because physics flying allows pawn to do moves as it wants. Perhaps Pawns dying in radius also should have another deal here, just saying...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
D13GO_{HoF}

Post by D13GO_{HoF} »

Well, until now I see that 469c was release, aside of the XP/7 unsupport, I am curious of how it goes in a more casual view of the game, not too much in the code point of view, I will leave that to Nelsona.

At the same time I want to see a bit in the Editor too, I might do something on it or try to create a new audio file after an issue I had in one of my maps when attempt to causing weird GPFs in the server
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

D13GO_{HoF} wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:14 pm Well, until now I see that 469c was release, aside of the XP/7 unsupport, I am curious of how it goes in a more casual view of the game, not too much in the code point of view, I will leave that to Nelsona.
Well i just looked at 469c on github and NOW they have XP-Vista support and even hotfix

OldUnreal-UTPatch469c-WindowsXP-Vista-WinDrv-Hotfix.zip 
for UTPatch469c-WindowsXP-Vista version of patch. So 469c seems support XP and that is great.
Image Image
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Good news so far... I have to check it.
In other hand it looks like I was right when some funky connections were lagging Evil's server and I was tempted to restrict all connections post 451b.
But... in order to gain more details I need some time for further investigations concerning functionality. I wrote stuff for UT coming with XC_Engine support and I want to see if everything is normal. XC_Engine for 469c seems to have some funky results at pathing chapter which I don't like at all...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

A few results concerning editing.
Editor has pro things and cons. We do have coordinates, we do have axis X Y Z and arrows helping with some orientation easily (PlayerStarts, DefensePoints, Kickers, etc). Operating builders - by clicking on a desired value and hitting ENTER (as I'm used to do) won't toggle values True/False, but it fires execution directly - I don't get the point here. I see paths build as in original - using a normal map, and then... those "Flight-Over-Ground" things I think are results of some other bugged work, adding useless PrunedPaths that do not have free places into navigation chain remaining as useless debris - Perhaps Higor can explain what's up with those things... and...
A Little shock:
Result of Building paths for original DM-Deck16][ - using Editor from 469c:

LostData: ________________________________________________________________
LostData: ReachSpecs missing from Paths[0-15] 		= 21.
LostData: ReachSpecs missing from upStreamPaths[0-15] 	= 7.
FixedWithSuccess: ReachSpecs successfully attached 	= 28.
FixFailures: ReachSpecs attaching failures - probably no place = 0.
LostData: ________________________________________________________________
Here is NOTHING improved - we do have even those useless variables that are dynamically changed during run-time (funny defined as "constants" :tease: ) and having no purpose to be stored in map - they are created/changed X times during routing process. And then... for moving faster as I'm getting used to do, I'll use 436/440 for the most part of editing... At least 469 looks like is following original rules as pointed by S.Polge, and mappers knowing these things won't have problems, they will see a good editing environment.
If some Textures are messed up or geometry does ugly things, that is the moment for using 469 whatever. XC 25 assets do seem to have funky things attached in UT469 - for optimizing paths XC24 is better. The rest of junks are not an issue, I'm cleaning them with my tools...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Let's clarify some "compatibility" stuff. It happens for player using 469 in a 451 server built years ago and operational for all players prior to any 469.

Warning: Received invalid actor class NameProperty UnrealShare.Nali.PlayDying.DamageType
Warning: Received invalid actor class FloatProperty Botpack.TrainingDM.ChunkTheNali.Tick.DeltaTime
Warning: Received invalid actor class None
Warning: Received invalid actor class None
Warning: Received invalid actor class StructProperty UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.MeleeAttack.TakeDamage.Momentum
Warning: Received invalid actor class NameProperty Botpack.TournamentPlayer.PlayDeathHit.DamageType
Log: Forged object: got object Palette FCommandoSkins.Palette43, expecting object of class Class Engine.Texture
Log: Forged object: got object ObjectProperty Engine.Engine.Audio, expecting object of class Class Engine.Actor
Log: Forged object: got object Function Engine.GameInfo.DetailChange, expecting object of class Class Engine.Actor
Log: appRequestExit(0)
Now it's clear to me that 469 is another UT game. All these are happening due to modifications and adds. It was needed only fixing it not messing vars and functions.
When things are conformed in wrong way, these logs are nothing new. And... 451 player joining to a 436 server might see other similar issues, and NO, player is not restricted from accessing server, but simply player is incompatible with server.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Unreal Tournament v469d in it's final version released. Good news: Even in 469D version win XP still supported.
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?t=14127
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... /tag/v469d

Release Notes
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... seNotes.md
Image Image