Unreal Tournament v469a Official Patch

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
D13GO_{HoF}

Re: Unreal Tournament v469a Official Patch

Post by D13GO_{HoF} » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:04 pm

Nelsona wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:08 pm
Huh ? Now they are bitching at conformed versions or it's a mismatch version ? Lol, I feel like this UT469 won't be a successful one as its predecessors...
The only way to success is by failing a lot first, it was something to get a new version of UT99, if there is a lot of bugs found, well, getting a public version was the only way to find some of them.

Mismatching was always a problem before, if i recall correctly, one of the "improvements" was to fix mismatch by downloading the version of the server side when the mismatch is detected

Nelsona

Re: Unreal Tournament v469a Official Patch

Post by Nelsona » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:46 pm

Whoever is touching these will fail - an old man said. First time in XCv21 was possible to do an unplayable server due to redirect vs file from server - plain UT sends files directly if redirect is different - here was a total rejection, so to speak... a ruin.
Now... a conformed file means exactly what we have for years, client v436 playing in v451 server - no mismatch, no crap. MonsterGamingServer - Why do you think is working for hours without crashing ? It's not only about maps sorted, it's about files used there... Exactly, server uses some files which I modified - it was not that easy - and ScriptedPawn (Monsters) from there are working without a bunch of errors like original stock monster does. Everyone can play there without any mismatch with regard to stock files. Perhaps there is a problem at map-switching for common player, not for XC Player. A conformed file is always a solution against critical crashes and various borked things. I'm really hoping that 469 will have these AS THEY ARE, we don't need new headaches. I already read some funky stuff at GitHub (that errors list)... it will take time to solve them... and I'm afraid that very easy things at UScript Level are not going to be solved as long as all "issues" are in other side... and they don't bother to read ut99.org as long as some slow minded self claimed coder can only spam posting without adding anything constructive - I'm wondering why admins are not wiping out these clowns which were not helping and are not helping with anything but posting for the sake of posting.
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -