Here I need your help

Discussions related to Unreal Tournament.
Nelsona

Re: Here I need your help

Post by Nelsona »

If VLC plugin doesn't work for everyone (only in ancient OS-es :? )I'll drop here next video directly as attachment without other stuff...
Johnson_End.mp4
(7.63 MiB) Downloaded 293 times
And below it's the same video linked as plugin for direct watching - requires VLC Web plugin which usually it's installed by application with the same VLC name.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

That is a very odd thing to happen.
chamberly

Post by chamberly »

Copy/paste from discord.

[9:00 PM] Chamberly: Actually @SC]-[WARTZ I seen that happen loads of time in sniper servers.
[9:01 PM] Chamberly: What is it looking to automatically? Something in the map that can probably be found in the editor? Looking toward 0,0,0 in the map or a certain actor?
[9:01 PM] Chamberly: There is something strange indeed happening in sniper servers for those to happen.
[9:02 PM] Chamberly: Definitely not a cheat cuz when I played I seen it does that and back then I didn't think anything of that was odd until later. lol
[9:02 PM] Chamberly: I wonder what caused the position reset?
[9:02 PM] Chamberly: and if it happen in various places on that map and looking in the same direction by end of game, what's up with that? most of times it was random I think?

Other sniper servers do have this wallface at end of game. Not all.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

What I have to say is this NEVER happened to me, it's why I don't think it's ALL normal as long as I could not recreate this instance anywhere.

We can move to other sniper server together (testers) and we can simulate kills by killing all of us one by one each one of us and then we can be all a winner with a final camera screen. Let's see if this turn-at-wall/turn-at-nobody will happen and how often...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
BluEyedBitch_{HoF}

Post by BluEyedBitch_{HoF} »

I will help test this Nelsona ! Let me know when and where ! I think it is very odd as well that this happens
I'll Shoot You...
...Even in the Back
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

SC]-[WARTZToday at 1:28 PM
Question and maybe I can get a good solid answer.
Is there a glitch sometimes at the end of a game where a player
is facing the wall at the end of a match he/she has just won.
Or is this a good clue as too a game cheat.

papercoffeeToday at 1:31 PM
happened this often?

Snow SilverToday at 3:08 PM
I think that dodge bug might be refering to the weird nature
of dodges not really registering sometimes.Happens for me
when I want to go forward or back.

UTNerd24Today at 4:23 PM
Or the fact that there’s a sort of cooldown before you can
dodge again while bots can spring back and forth?

AnthraXToday at 4:29 PM
it's dodgemoves getting lost
or delayed.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

In last video I did not see anything like a DodgeMove before ending. And then, player is changing state in "ClientGameEnded" there certain things are inactive. A delayed dodgemove does rotation results ? I'm not sure if it was a dodge for some time for getting called later... but let's say... we don't have to be concerned that much, even if I did not even know that game might be ended this way... all these years...

- Else -
Do I need to refresh everyone's memory ? That Camper in that small place (in one of videos) never did a dodge because in that spot dodging would head to fall down, seriously...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

And a bump with regard to a normal instance.
I have a demo where player winner has simply eliminated last victim and game has been ended, no rotations, no crap, just an end.
I don't get any dodge explanation, here players are teleporting, last shots being from a camping situation. How it's possible then when player is changing state to see him facing a nothing because of a left over move ? Believe me or not, if these would happen in my house I would lock these connections until I'll have VALID explanations from player itself, I don't think this is normal in any way.
I you want a video with a game ended properly, I'll drop a 30 seconds record here.

In this game, our "Happy" has left when was killed 3 times one by one - he definitely is suffering when is losing. This might explain certain things...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -