RocketX-9_01 Beta on RX Server

A SLV derived jets mod used mostly for CTF.
Nelsona

Re: RocketX-9_01 Beta on RX Server

Post by Nelsona »

Flight and XC notes
For sure XC servers/games should have a different deal because DevPath is different - target was plain UT because... there are ages since XC wasn't updated, perhaps making more devs depending on it are not the best idea as long as this XC doesn't even work in newer UT469.
And then, I think pawn helper for Bot wants to turn jet somewhere and Bot can see some paths too because of new XC power mixing directions and ruining navigation. Results can go ugly in certain maps, perhaps in XC_Engine servers Bot should not use helpers at all - I did not add a conditional XC thing here - SLBotBrain was a hard ork for real navigation, not spoofing fake crushing SkyNet types and all that blabbering. Until XC will have flawless codes can be used a plain server for RX Jets, maybe improving a bit codes for speed and against jittering.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Removed XCGE from server and see bots still flying into walls so restored XCGE. Now gonna look at RX9 codes.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

SLBotBrain desired checks:
- TimerRate;
- If helper Pawn spawns or not;
- If it spawns, what routes CanSee - if it can see anything.

ChronicZen do seems to work better than any other flight map. Previous mods are working nice even in other maps.
Rocket should turn in Bot's desired direction. There is a tick over there...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Site Admin

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

One thing for sure fuel cores are to close to the ground for bots causing crashes as well. Maybe leave those inactive with RX.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Doing that Trace check and taking them in account with a bigger cylinder for spawning higher ?
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
chamberly

Post by chamberly »

I guess I should've mentioned that I also did notice the bot flying into the wall. But by default they aren't programmed to work with the jets so that's why I didn't bother with it yet.

Even more hilarious of how they fly through the gap in this one map... attached a pic.
Attachments
Shot00117.png
Shot00117.png (2.6 MiB) Viewed 9777 times
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

When Map has "Original" Aerial Paths they are acting a bit different. ChronicZen is a direct evidence about Bot Flight even if engine is not supporting Bots stuck into Jets. Strategy for flying is different, because nothing was done like that before I called it Brain-Sharing, Bot will use another creature for getting flight support. The truth is Jet is getting target data and it turns around, not Bot. Bot attempts to fight screwing direction, so to speak this is not a navigation issue but a combat issue which can be clarified only by using dedicated Bots. It's why these mods should have their own pawns and not making a codes soup with stock morons. Original Bot is oriented to follow basic codes and nothing to do with flying - these are firsts things that need clarified. It's why Bit should know Jet capabilities and having variables accordingly, each Jet mod should come then with own Bots... and so far we don't have such things in any RX/SLV mods these being unfinished coding wrecks.

Aside, if map has bad paths not only Jet mods have problems, lol. I witnessed a lot of plain maps badly messed up where Bot was acting like was on drugs - perhaps I don't need samples which I already have in tutorials posted around, and That's mapper flaw - or the guy pretending to be a map maker.
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
- Pablo Picasso -
Sean

Post by Sean »

I had a chance to try out the RX9 jet before you shut the server down, and I was impressed with it.

Good times !
~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~

Image[/url]