Hi Everyone. :)

Community/Non Community/Clan advertisements and self introductions.
Kelly

Re: Hi Everyone. :)

Post by Kelly »

About your server...I know you aren't interested now but I'll put this here in case someone googles in.

Your issue sounds like a router problem. Many newer routers will need you to place the server computer's local address into a DMZ. If you don't know how just google it, it's not hard but you will need to access the router settings.

Be careful doing this as it puts your server into a less secure position since the hardware firewall of the router will not apply. I just isolated my server and had nothing on it besides my server files. Even if someone bypassed it's internal firewall there is nothing there.
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
GhostHunter94

Post by GhostHunter94 »

It's not a router problem, trust me, i've run not-quite-so local games with a router like this before, ergo, i should be able to do this fairly easily, it sounds to me more like it's something to do with what server/website i'm attempting to link my server up to.

i've been attempting to follow medor's instruction on that.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

If you have a local LAN that can see your server but it cannot be seen by the master servers then that's most likely a problem with the network (so long as you haven't messed with the port settings in the ini, etc). Next time you feel like testing PM me your IP and I'll scan you to see if the server port is accessible from outside. This sort of behavior is nearly always a port forward/port trigger/DMZ issue.

BTW, it's good to see you still around. IIRC you are a year or two out of high school by now, how's southern life at that great age?
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day