Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Unreal Tournament » Coding & Uscript

Post subject: Major Hits to stock
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:14 am 

After testing things a while, due to some news undocumented officially, it looks like we have solutions for default bugs from stock stuff from UT Without to encounter Mismatch errors. Package conforming is a bless for a server.
Ahah, UT'99 might go to the next life - a cleaner ONE.

Post subject: Re: Major Hits to stock
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:04 am 

Do you know UTMilk for no mismatch ?
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... UTMilk.zip

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:20 pm 

I'm gonna check it...
I did not use other things than UCC itself - pretty simple solution but NO CRAPPY DOCS, lol.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:42 am 
Site Admin

I like that Higor has helped us with the conform of packages. This helps alot.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:09 pm 

One of major problems which I couldn't solve that easy without XCGE is ScriptedPawn start when it deals with some team - yeah, monsters might recognize themselves as a team using cheap tricks. Main problem was the number of iterations developed at High loaded Levels - Unhealthy things.
Even if we have different iterators from XCGE, probably other nasty things will still occur also iteration based. My solution like in some MapVote is not to discard things and trying all time to speed up codes. Sometimes they need a break for letting engine to breath and creating a timing with the rest of executions - Skaarj and weapon - Skaarj and their team which won't be nice in a high execution speed.
What I'm trying to say is that I have done a different Auto State of monster using small break sequences. This way seems to help a lot with monster starting in map. It do spawns weapon and does nothing in first moment - waiting if a mutator will not ruin weapon right in a bad moment. Weapon if gets replaced, monster will attempt to hunt something in range using... original code but with a small delay (1 tick rate). Server has time to initialize weapon collision and movement physics of pawn and grouping together in a normal state, then pawn simply gets weapon with 0 issues, LOL Epic.
The second advantage of "Waiting" is that the pawn will cause a small break sequence in looking for a team reducing a sudden high number of iterations - all creatures are doing this move - breaking them and... heavy loaded maps are not gonna crash when "team" gets involved. Main teaming problem for MH504 was exactly this point from Monster - HomeBase checking and Team checking - nasty in maps high loaded (okay not that much maps as a tech term - unr files the mostly).
For other custom creatures with nothing fixed, and having all default errors, by using a rewritten package all these errors are gone like they have never been there.
"Old grognards" as they were called by HK at Ut99.org "who have seen everything" (my a$$) should have these *techs posted for years preventing all new comers to fail in file mismatches and so much pain for admins. But were needed almost 17 years for figuring what are those "// fix me" written in codes and how to get them healthy without replacement issues and without a new CPU load.
I'm stuck only at some "high tech" a la Epic in making BotPack (an utter mess).

I gotta admit that some things are not entirely doable as good looking things (projectiles rammed properly) but they can be used for sure from now one ALL of them even if they don't have the best ever design.

Lemme give some sample:
PeaceRocket - this mess seems intended for a sort of kamikaze. This rocket is trying to aim the nearest pawn as possible - guess who is that, the monster who fired it = legal suicidal :o .
Other sort of such things had 0 speed and 0 damage and 0 Net Code - not only quadshot is a nothing, they were doing more such non-senses that you might think about. I wrote a bunch of lines for fixing them since I could only use the right package with no fixing. Function "SetPawnDifficulty" which I've been rewriting takes an age of processing (in CPU terms) due to Epic's goofing.

As you can see I'm not busy with colors and counting things, I will simply rebuild a server for my needs 100% compatible with default Player bringing into stage stuff which was never operational and known as being bugged. The rest of Evil stuff is not that much usable mesh from quadshot needs a new thing because player using original content will not be able to use it as rammed as it's done... but morphing it into a sort of flak might be some dumber solution by triggering meshes changed. To not forget here that old weapons are entirely usable by adding only a few pathetic lines in Engine.u file + adding stuff which Higor was writing against speed-hacking.

I'm thinking to compile these in a clean format (some palettes are a problem for player - I don't know how to get them) but I might think that client side is not that much used by a server - example screenshot display from a map - server is just loading them and firing action without "cursors" and any "menu list".

Next point, by stripping out code from these server files - packages are gonna be smaller and time for reading them is reduced, and even making HDD life longer due to reducing the average of time spent for reading a lot of data which is not even used (internal text code not operating code).

Heh, options are many... to not forget some default properties of a decoration or such actors which can be a less Net load by not updating them more often than they have to be updated, and saving bandwidth between server and client and smoothing game...

Board index » Unreal Tournament » Coding & Uscript