Need some bot help, hey Nels :)

Development assistance and tutorials here.
Kelly

Need some bot help, hey Nels :)

Post by Kelly »

I'm getting a good deal done on the UTBG gametype and I'm at the point where I need to start thinking about bot support. How can I get the bots to avoid the collapsing zone and generally move towards the zone center? I can send you the current mod if you want to see what I'm talking about. I need the bots to spawn in then be compelled to move towards the random center spot of the zone so they can be alive and fight as long as possible. Is this doable? Can an actor be scripted that attracts bots from across a map?
I don’t wanna give the end away
but we’re gonna die one day
Nelsona

Re: Need some bot help, hey Nels :)

Post by Nelsona »

I don't know how goes UTBG game-type but I'm quickly thinking at methods.
Type A)
If this is a "bTeamGame" Bot can move there using attraction code where options are... a lot. Depending on orders or not, Bot can be pushed into a spot (see flag deal, CP from Domination, etc.)

Type B)
If this is not a "bTeamGame", then it's all about Bot's native desire for whatever "item" - using quote because this item can be mainly a fake item distracting Bot in certain conditions (can be embedded with bool values, triggered, range checking deals, etc.) - here are also many options handling the level of desire - how much want Bot to go there.
The problem comes here if actor target is dynamic and will have a random placement, will need to be acquired by an InventorySpot, existent or reserved as a possible target-spot by other inventory living a short life - 1-2 seconds.

Type C)
Any game, but shooting NON-Pawn actors can be a goal - probably doable as well. Epic did Assault based on a Pawn and trying to get native's Bot code against an ENEMY but... I made Bot to shoot Carcasses so probably this is not that hard to do. In fact Bot can shoot any actor if I'm thinking well...
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Is your email still the same? I'll send you the mod in it's current state. Once you see it on a couple of random DM maps it will make much more sense.
Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yeah, I have both e-mail addresses the same...

As a random Off-Topic, I've inspected my gmail account, I was wondering if those accounts are going to be hacked someday because I found all my recent activity stored there like in a diary. "Reminder about privacy" cough... Seriously !?... I have deleted all recent activity... for saving space... :?
UncodeX Stuff
Not often maintained
My UT Mapping works...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
- Pablo Picasso -
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

There is no privacy now. You just have to know that as an absolute.

I'll send you the mod after work today. Posted an update video, it will make much more sense if you have played PUBG though: